Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GT-Lite 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bam914
I have been wanting to get back in to a 914 for a couple of years now. I have had fun with the CRX but now it is time to get back to my roots. I first thought about an ITC 914 but I want to go faster. I thought about going back to prod where I started racing 914's but with the new venturi rule thats out. I was thinking after a couple of beers about writing a letter to SCCA to see if they would class the 1.7-1.8 914 in GTL. They are letting engines up to 1.8L now. So I am trying to gather info on how much the engine might produce under GT rules. So 66mm stroke, 94 bore, any comp, any cam, any valve size, any induction (it will be FI), any porting. In the end it will probable have an SIR (single inlet restrictor) add to it. BUt they will need to know HP before the SIR. I think it could make over 215 considering what Jake has gotten out of FP engine.
SirAndy
QUOTE (bam914 @ Mar 25 2006, 12:41 PM)
BUt they will need to know HP before the SIR. I think it could make over 215 considering what Jake has gotten out of FP engine.

over 200HP out of a 1.8L? without turbo or kompressor?

bring $$$, and lots of it!

plus, don't expect that engine to last long ...
cool_shades.gif Andy
ChrisFoley
I think that's a great idea Blake. Currently GT-lite falls right between E and F prod performance-wise, as far as I have been able to determine. Therefore a less restricted 1.8L should be competetive in GTL, especially with EFI.
P.S. don't write off the FP 914 quite yet.
Aaron Cox
wasnt jakes 1.8 FP motor 186 hp?
bam914
From what I have gathered the target HP for GTL is about 175 at the crank.

Blake
Jake Raby
That wopuld certainly be a class I'd LOVE to play with!!!! All the things we can make ungodly power from are open!

I hope they do it, if so come see me- I have some big ideas!

Racer Chris' FP engine makes in the 180s on power, so Does one of my other customers. We are shooting for 210 from Kevin Groots EP 2.0 engine that I'm assembling now.

There is also gonna be a new player in production in 2007, he isn't sure if he is going EP or FP but he is a serious dude with an edge over everyone else- no doubt.... Of course- it's RAT powered.

Wonder if they'd let us run twin plugs in GTL???? If so things would seriously change!

Blake, Len and I will both be at Roat Atlanta tomorrow after lunch to watch the production races... If you wanna come up and hang out PM me and I'll give you my cell number..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.