Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What I did this morning
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ferg
small informal open house at a friends. biggrin.gif

started at a shop nearby, inside were some nice one's.
Ferg
more.
Ferg
cool bike
Ferg
then off to my to see the real cars.
Ferg
yes it will fit in a 914 wink.gif
Ferg
pretty snug fit for a six footer
Ferg
excellence car a year or two ago, all carbon
Ferg
nuther
Ferg
and yes, my dream car was there
Ferg
plenty of these out today aktion035.gif
Ferg
looking into the rear of the carbon 911, no interior is right!
Andyrew
Keep em coming!!!

Looks like fun! any driving involved?
Ferg
no driving just hanging out...
Ferg
look ma, mo fords laugh.gif
Ferg
some sweet itailian birds
Andyrew
You wernt kidding about the pantera's!

love those cars.. wouldnt mind having... one of their transaxles biggrin.gif
Ferg
mmmm
Ferg
they sure know how to make a purty gas tank
Ferg
even a fiat showed cool.gif
turboman808
Pantera will be my next car. I would have gotten one now but there is a very logical reason for holding off getting one for 2 years. But it seems you can get one real mice pantera for around 60k. What a bargan!!! biggrin.gif
Ferg
another, and in the background that's a real AMG hammer, forgot to snap a real pic of it.
Ferg
QUOTE (turboman808 @ Mar 25 2006, 06:41 PM)
Pantera will be my next car. I would have gotten one now but there is a very logical reason for holding off getting one for 2 years. But it seems you can get one real mice pantera for around 60k. What a bargan!!! biggrin.gif

yep, fully sorted pantera's with built motors are about 60k nowadays... still worth it to me, as it's a better investment than a new Z06 or a Caymen.

But nice driver Pantera's are still mid 30's... outta reach, but close enought to dream wub.gif

Ferg
TINCAN914
Cool pics, that bike is killer.. That chain is giant!!
Thanks for sharing...
Ferg
QUOTE (bmunday @ Mar 25 2006, 07:37 PM)
Cool pics, that bike is killer.. That chain is giant!!
Thanks for sharing...

that chain was also leather huh.gif

owner bought it at a sale, then found out it didn't run and the resto was cosmetic only. It runs now, and was actually almost crashed on one of it's first test drives, those super swept back handlebars only allow you to turn it about 10degrees before they hit your stomach, my buddy almost drove it right into a car as he couldn't turn slap.gif

Ferg
brant
Ferg,

I think I just realized whom your "friend" is...
is it Nick Ham?

I see a couple of familiar cars there...
one of which is bill hubbels too.

If it is Nick, You should see this guys driving record.
its as impressive as his cars

nice pics!

brant
boxstr
At one of the Oregon Porsche Club events ,Rainbonnet, i sat next to Nick Ham during the lunch break. Really nice fellow fun to talk to, lots of great stories.
CCLINHAMANDCHEESE
Gint
Thanks for the invite (NOT) Ferg!
Seagrave
Thanks for sharing the fantastic pictures. There are some great cars still out there and it is nice to see that people will share them now and then. It looks like the crowd that drove in was in the discretionary spending habit too.
Ferg
QUOTE (brant @ Mar 25 2006, 08:25 PM)
Ferg,

I think I just realized whom your "friend" is...
is it Nick Ham?

I see a couple of familiar cars there...
one of which is bill hubbels too.

If it is Nick, You should see this guys driving record.
its as impressive as his cars

nice pics!

brant

sorry Brant, not Nick Ham...

don't think Bill Hubble had a car there either.

Ferg

brant
That squared off aluminum open top (sorta lotus 7 car) with the red fenders.... I think that is bill hubbel's car actually.

hmmm not nick ham...
hmmm still guessing then.

brant
BMartin914
Anyone else ever notice how secretive Ferg can be? idea.gif
Ferg
QUOTE (BMartin914 @ Mar 26 2006, 09:58 AM)
Anyone else ever notice how secretive Ferg can be? idea.gif

Ha, sorry guys... I would have invited you all if I could...
It was a invite only thing.

Ferg beer.gif
i love porsche
oh man, im drooling over those panteras, i fell in love with that car from the rear view, absolutely gorgeous!
degreeoff
Man I am having a fit of jealousy here damn them there is sum$$$$$$ nice caaaaa's

cool photo's

thx
byndbad914
Panteras wub.gif I was going to get one, then thought it would be much cheaper and better to build a 914 V8 car. dry.gif Not cheaper at this point, I could have picked up a decent roller/high miler for about $15K back when I started the 914 project iwth a $500 car. I would probably have about the same $$ wrapped up in it, but it would be worth what I have in it v. who's gonna pay $50K for a V8 914?? 'Course, my 914 V8 car is wayyy faster than it would have been.

I drove one my friend got about 10yrs ago now... they're really are cool cars nonetheless. There is a Pantera shop out in Castle Rock that I went to about a year ago when I was out visiting a friend in Englewood. I know, I have a sickness - go on vacation and look up the local Pantera place for "fun". Just can't think of the name of the place right now, but he has a sweet tube frame car. I'll post a pic of it.

I built a number of 377 and 392 cube strokers for Panteras, so I have had the opportunity to drive a few of those projects. Now the place I used to work is building 440-460 cube SMALL blocks for Pantera International using World Products 9.5" blocks. pray.gif
byndbad914
pic
turboman808
I was looking at this one. I don't think they move these very fast so I wouldn't be surprised if it's still available in 2 years. It is sexy as hell. But hey thanks for getting me drooling over these all over again.

http://www.panteracars.com/70505BA.htm

user posted image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.