Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Accelerator Slop
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TINCAN914
The Accelerator on my car has a great deal of play in it, (left to right) I believe there is a rob that keeps it from flopping from side to side, I have no idea what it's called though. Is this something I saw in a dream?
rhodyguy
you mean the pedal rocks side to side? if so, it's prob getting ready to fail at the base. if you have to change it out, clean the crap out around the 2 bolts, make 2 puddles of penetrant, and let it work. you don't want to shear off the bolts.

k
Marlow
Check the two mounting nuts at the base of the pedal, if those are tight your pedal is toast. New ones are pricey, ($70ish). There's a 911 pedal that will fit with some modifications for about $25. Do a search on "accelerator pedal" and you'll find a couple of threads on this.

I know Dave at GPR knows about this, he sold me one 2 weeks ago. The "joint" on the 911 pedal is plastic, I don't know how long it's going to last or if it will last as long as the stock pedal.
Joe Bob
Rusty accel pedal or the roll pin is about to give it up....or both. unsure.gif
TINCAN914
Thanks guy's. The back side of the pedal has a cup on the back, looks as though a pin with a ball would pop in, like a bearing, I guess not. I guess I found another thing to do today.

Thanks for the direction..
rhodyguy
the ball that should be on the rod goes into the cup on the back of the pedal.
dlo914
QUOTE (rhodyguy @ Mar 26 2006, 11:19 AM)
the ball that should be on the rod goes into the cup on the back of the pedal.

hmm htat's an aftermarket OEM pedal made of hard plastic. I just recently replaced my rusted out gas pedal w/ one from a fellow member. The old pedal would just wobble around, and you had to learn how to pin the pedal w/ your foot a certain way so that it wouldnt move. There were times where the ball and cup would come apart while driving. Pretty scary when in the fastlane on the 605 North, and the gas pedal goes straight to the floor. Luckily i coasted all the way to the shoulder and reattached the pedal. But yea just check Ebay or this forum for a used pedal in good condition. It only cost me $29 including shipping.
rhodyguy
am? prob unsure.gif . came out of a parts car. fits perfect, does not wobble, bolt holes line up perfectly as does the ballcup on the back. works for me.

k
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.