Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 911 power mirror wiring and base info
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dr Evil
I have misplaced my wiring diagram for my mirrors. Does anyone have a diagram that I can use for the 911 flag power mirrors? Also, does anyone have/know how much a passenger side base would cost? It appears that the PO modiffied the base. I mounted it just like the other side and the mirror is completely tilted down.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Howard
Don't tell anyone...
Manuals
Gary
Any guess on what year?

Dr Evil
Thanks guys! I was looking at PPs 82 SC diagram and it seems to match, but I have no plug, just wires and a switch so I need to find out how the pins on the swich relate to the wire colors. I figure that two of them are brown (ground) so I just need to figure out the order of the other three. Not too many permutations.
Joe Bob
I have an 78-83 SC Bentley manual....if ya need some help.
Dr Evil
More info:

I went out and looked at my wiries and relized that I had the wrong schematic.

I have these wires:
-White
-Brown
-Blue
-Black
-Grey

Now I am concerned if I have the correct switch or not dry.gif There is no p/n on it and it has six pins. I guess power in, other 5 out with ground?

What ya got for me Mikey?
Gary
Try this one. The wire colors match yours. What's not clear from to me from the diagram is how one motor handles both axes of movement. If yours don't have defrosters, maybe those wires power the 2nd motor.

Joe Bob
There's a toggle switch that's under the dash....it provides power to one....then the other. The four way gives the motor direction.
type47fan
QUOTE (Dr Evil @ Mar 26 2006, 10:00 AM)
Also, does anyone have/know how much a passenger side base would cost?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Mike,

I think I still have an orphan passenger side unit that you can have for the cost of getting it to you, way over there on the other side of the world. . . .Let me know and I'll send a picture.

Thanks,
markb
Call Dave at GPR for the new base. He has a couple in stock.
Gary
QUOTE ("*" @ Mar 26 2006, 01:33 PM)
There's a toggle switch that's under the dash....it provides power to one....then the other. The four way gives the motor direction.

Yabut,

If you look at the wiring diagram, there's only one motor per mirror. Looks like there's a solenoid in each though. Maybe the solenoid switches the motor between an x-axis gear and y-axis gear.
Dr Evil
Thanks fellas, I think that that stuff will work.

I know GPR has the part I need, I was wondering about cost.

Wayne, I sent you a PM and will gladly take it.

Gary, there is a transmission of sorts in the mirror that is changed by the solenoid.
Dr Evil
Do any of you (long shot I know) have a pic, schematic, stick drawing of the plug that plugs into the toggle switch? It would save me some serious time as the switch does not have numbers on the terminals.
Root_Werks
There are two basic systems Porsche used. One was dual motors and the other was one motor and a gear box with electric shifter.

Make sure to match your joy stick and L/R switch to your overall system. wink.gif
Dr Evil
Hey Dan,
I tried to emial you for the schematic again as I misplaced the original one you sent me, but I guess I misspelled your name as it bounced back.

I think that based on my number of pins and number of wires I have the right switch. I hope. I do have the one motor/solenoid type of mirror.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.