Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Seat Belts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
paleo541
What other seat belts will bolt into a 914 (1971) without any modifications? Other Porsche models? Aftermarket products? Thanks...

Mike
szuccaro
Diest 2 1/2" in lap belts work fine for me.
Trekkor
I know you said no modifications, but for a few holes drilled, I think this is worth it.

KT
jimtab
QUOTE (trekkor @ Mar 26 2006, 10:03 AM)
I know you said no modifications, but for a few holes drilled, I think this is worth it.

KT

Trek....NO sub belts??? ohmy.gif
Trekkor
I got 'em wink.gif

I use two sets of seat cushions.

These are the ones for the track.
They let me sit lower and get a little more out of the stock seats side bolstering.

KT
jetboy

user posted image

KT

But, without a roll bar, you better hope you dont roll over with these. Since you cant slide sideways, if your upside down, the entire car will be resting on your head and spine. chairfall.gif
jimtab
QUOTE (trekkor @ Mar 26 2006, 10:25 AM)
I got 'em wink.gif

I use two sets of seat cushions.

They let me sit lower and get a little more out of the stock seats side bolstering.

KT

I shoulda known....I feel like such a fool..... wacko.gif
jimtab
QUOTE (jetboy @ Mar 26 2006, 10:25 AM)

user posted image

KT

But, without a roll bar, you better hope you dont roll over with these. Since you cant slide sideways, if your upside down, the entire car will be resting on your head and spine. chairfall.gif

I've been in a 914 that rolled, the hoop stayed intact after 2 rolls, and all was well....well except for the car....can you say....total loss, parts op.
Trekkor
smilie_pokal.gif

Rollbar...
McMark
924/944 belts work fine. They take a small amount of modding to work, but it takes about 20 minutes.
Dave-O
For non retractable belts for our early cars, I got a set from here

They were good quality, but the straps are a little too long. They don't look like the originals, but I would much rather have that than questionable 30+ year old belts.

On this page there is a picture of them installed in my car.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act=...t=14796&hl=seat

wilchek
rebuilt originals
kind of pricy at150.00

http://www.peparts.com/Categories.bok?cate...gory=SEAT+BELTS

I think someone else used the retractable ones from the website posted a couple posts above this. I think they fit fine and are 79.00 each.

http://www.gotbelts.com/lapacshbe.html
double-a
i just installed these in my car. very nice belts.

~a
mikelsr
QUOTE (trekkor @ Mar 26 2006, 12:25 PM)

KT

Did you make the seat cushion yourself or just modify an existing one?
jhadler
Trekkor,

Is that an Autopower roll bar? The GCR (SCCA) legal one? I asked them if they had pictures or drawing, no luck. I didn't want to buy it sight unseen...

If so, I like it. Looks good.

Can you post a close up pic of the sill plate mounting?

Thanks!

-Josh2
markb
I put the rear retractables from a Volvo wagon in the 71. Couldn't stand not having retractable belts.
Trekkor
Did you make the seat cushion yourself or just modify an existing one?

Made it from scratch.

Is that an Autopower roll bar?

Yes, and I don't know which model.
Bolt in. Used to be a complete cage. sawzall-smiley.gif

Here's the seat pad compared to the stock cushion.

KT
blitZ
QUOTE (McMark @ Mar 26 2006, 10:59 AM)
924/944 belts work fine. They take a small amount of modding to work, but it takes about 20 minutes.

I replaced mine with some 944 belts, probably the cheapest route to retractable replacements. Post a WTB on the Pelican BB, think I paid $30 plus shipping.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.