Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Visit with a dropped valve seat
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bleyseng
Finally looked inside of the Black car's of the intake of #1 cylinder and you can just see the seat sideways. No wonder the motor didn't turn past it as the pistons is hitting the sideways seat!

Look at the cool CHT mod too....DPO was a dumbshit of the first degree or rather his mechanic was. av-943.gif
Bleyseng
Oh, here is a progress pic of the 1.7L
rhodyguy
that alt bundle needs a grommet. ohmy.gif scrape and spark!!

k
Bleyseng
Yeah, I just got it fed thru and the DPO had a rebuilt Alt with a funky bullshit rubber monster piece of rubber hose. I'll locate one to install on Monday.
Jacco
ouch on the valve seat sad.gif will that engine be rebuild as well as a back up of some sort?

the 1.7 is looking very clean is that one going into the black car?

Say hi to the everyone in Seattle!

greets
Jacco
Bleyseng
The 2.0L will be torn down and inspected because its a unknown engine although the PO said it had been rebuilt. I don't have anytime to do anything with it now other than store it.

The 1.7 is a "W" code engine with the proper 90mm domed pistons, a 9550 Raby cam/lifters and had been rebuilt recently. Hopefully, it will put out about 85hp and it will be installed in the Black car.

Blair is working on cleaning up the hellhole and welding in the Battery tray. biggrin.gif
TeamAxisRacing
user posted image

whoooo! yeah rock on!
Bleyseng
Do you have to post Redshifts band on my topic? WTF.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.