Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Carbon Fiber
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bernbomb914
I contacted a company who make Carbon fiber parts for the rice crowd. They could make parts for the 914 if there were enough interest. (10 or more) for the price of fiberglass. ($500 ea.) Is there any interest? confused24.gif

Bernie
redshift
They are out there already. Seent 'um.

Link? Sorry. Will look.

M
anthony
I've never seen a carbon fiber targa top but that would look killer. Actually it wouldn't be too hard to take an old top, strip it, and put a layer of carbon fiber on top.
URY914
GT Racing has carbon body parts.
I've also seen the fake carbon peel and stick paper sold for the cheap rice guys. It would be OK if you only want the look.

Paul
Jeroen
Be carefull with CF parts that are close to the driver/passenger
If hit, CF splinters in very sharp pieces.

For fenders, hoods and bumpers this won't be a problem, but other stuff like a roof or inner door panels etc. it may not be such a good idea...

If you insist on having certain parts in CF, make sure that one of the inner layers is Kevlar (which is very strong on impact)

This is the very reason why all the real expensive racing seats are made of Kevlar and not CF

cheers,

Jeroen
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.