Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Electical prob
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
richardmosselman
Hi people-my '72 914 driver's side headlamp low beam doesn't work. Have replaced the headlamp-still no worky. I'm hoping that it isn't the dreaded headlamp switch on the dash (mucho dinero,I hear). The switch does act up -sometimes you have to jiggle it. Any suggestions? I'd like to be able to drive @ night. BTW the fogs, the other headlight and the hi-beams all work. Thanks!
richardmosselman
OOps! Electrical prob (I'm not ticklish!)
racerx7

Post a wiring a diagram and I will look at it for you.
TINCAN914
I might be talkin out of my ass, but have you recenly rewired the signals, marker lights, or brake lights? I ask because my marker lights are shaved, and the rear wires were mixed, and I only had one headlight working, screwed around with the wiring and believe it''s figured out, both lights work... From what others have posted, if things are not wired correctly, that will happen.

Good luck
richardmosselman
Nope, haven't touched anything-just stopped working out of the blue.
markb
This may be asking the obvious, but have you checked the fuses? Each high & low beam have individual fuses. After that, check the relay.
richardmosselman
Thanks,I'll chek the fuses-I didn't know about the separate hi/low fuses. I'm relatively new to the joys of teener ownership. smilie_pokal.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.