Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: fast and furious 3
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Andyrew
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/F5F0375...B2B4D65ACB0.htm

Scott carsburg sent me this link....

From the teenager in me, it doesnt look that bad!

interesting that the american driver drives a mustang...

lots of 350z in that movie.
guiltless
Looks about as hokey as the other two, but with some damn good driving.
VaccaRabite
I saw it when I went to go see V for Vendetta last week. I was ashamed to be in the theater with that trailer.

That franchise makes money, so I suppose they will continue to pump out movies. But I wish they would not glorify street racing that way. It paints all of us with that bad brush...

That booring stick in the mud who has never street raced - no really...

Zach
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (Vacca Rabite @ Mar 27 2006, 08:00 AM)
I saw it when I went to go see V for Vendetta last week. I was ashamed to be in the theater with that trailer.

That franchise makes money, so I suppose they will continue to pump out movies. But I wish they would not glorify street racing that way. It paints all of us with that bad brush...

Zach

agree.gif

I saw it when I saw V last week too... no way aould I pay 8 bucks to see that movie... but a couple of chase scenes may warrant me seeing it on HBO or bit torrent later...
turboman808
Doesn't look near as bad as the other 2. I saw the first one and laughed alot. The second one I couldn't even watch.
Scott Carlberg
QUOTE (Andyrew @ Mar 26 2006, 04:41 PM)
Scott carsburg sent me this link....

WTF.gif
Carlberg

at least you spelled Scott correctly! laugh.gif cool.gif
alpha434
QUOTE (Vacca Rabite @ Mar 27 2006, 05:00 AM)

Zach

agree.gif

Kids my and Andrew's age are really stupid. And it looks terrible to the public when a few of us get caught doing something dumb like that. A can't help but imagine that it helped to close a few tracks in Colorado...
sad.gif
Jenny
QUOTE (tat2dphreak @ Mar 27 2006, 06:54 AM)
no way aould I pay 8 bucks to see that movie...

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Try $9.25. Where's the butt-rape smiley?

Jen
alpha434
QUOTE (Jenny @ Mar 27 2006, 11:10 AM)

Jen

sheeplove.gif

Will this one do?
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (Jenny @ Mar 27 2006, 02:10 PM)

Jen

I guess the price of movies is much worse there...

I only go to about 3 movies a year because if the price as it is... 8$ ticket, 4$ coke, and $5 popcorn... ohmy.gif

most movies I can wait for DVD or bit torrent...
jhadler
QUOTE (alpha434 @ Mar 27 2006, 11:00 AM)
...can't help but imagine that it helped to close a few tracks in Colorado...
sad.gif

agree.gif Regarding the stupidity of the too fast too stoopid movies. They paint all motorsports with a VERY bad brush. Street racing is absurd. At best it's a pointless waste of money, and at worst, it's a tragic and sensless waste of life... sad.gif

As for having a hand in closing the existing colorado tracks? Nope, that was big money all the way. Racer paranoia didn't factor into it.

PPIR. Bought out and closed by a competitor. Period. Nothing personal, just bussiness....

Second Creek Raceway. Property owner decided to sell to land developers because there was more moeny there than leasing the site to club racers....

Mead. That one's a little murkey still, but my educated guess is Miller Motorsports finally finished building their dream track (in Salt Lake), so they figured it'd be easier to just lock the gate at their Colorado track than deal with the hassle of managing it... They could care less about that site... They "claim" to have sold it, but yes, they still own it...I've checked....

Although, I will agree that the racer paranoia card was used to our detriment by the management of PPIR when they (allegedly) used it in the guise of "citizen action groups" when they lobbied to prevent not one, not two, but THREE major track developments in the Denver area over the years. Penske, Miller, and Bandimere... All shot down with the subtle help from PPIR. So good riddance to bad garbage I guess. Unfortunately, the legacy of their tactics may now plague us for YEARS to come...

Guess I drifted a tad off topic there. Must have hit a nerve...

-Josh2
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.