Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I can call you Betty
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
KaptKaos
Well, maybe not as good as Al, but I think it came out ok. What do you all think?

Before:
user posted image

After:
user posted image

So this is my cracked wheel, that I wanted to experiment on instead of ruining a good one if I had messed up. This would make a fine clock or an end table confused24.gif

So anyway its available if anyone has a better plan for it. I'd swap it for a few things. Let me know if you're interested.

ClayPerrine
I was wondering about the title of this thread.....

I thought you were hitting on my wife dry.gif
bd1308
and Betty when you call me you can cccaaalllll meeeee AAlllllllll......
elwood-914
Looks good Joe. Makes me think I can do it myself also. How long did that take you? Hmmmmmm.
robby750
And how did you do it?
KaptKaos
It was some trial and error. lots of wet sanding with some fine (forget the grit) paper. Also did two passes with some rubbing compound, keeping it wet the first time and drier the second time. I used a cloth wheel with the rubbing compound on my cheapo drill (i.e. doesn't spin that fast). Finished them off with Mother's rim polish, lots of hand buffing with that stuff.

Took about an hour and a half to get it this way. I think I will do this to my other rims.

There is still some stuff there, scratches and the sort, and its not mirror clear, but shinny enough for me.
Dr. Roger
call me al. dum de dumm..... do wop do wop, ditty ditty dum......

oh, and you can get a complete "drill" setup from the pro's HERE

includes the black and white compounds to cut and the white rouge for that "fine polished" look.

got their name from when i used to polish brass and other metals in HSchool....

brp914
I did that to a couple fuchs and called it quits. Miserable work. Life is too short. Pay a pro and it will look better to boot.
KaptKaos
QUOTE (brp914 @ Mar 26 2006, 06:45 PM)
I did that to a couple fuchs and called it quits. Miserable work. Life is too short. Pay a pro and it will look better to boot.

It's not the destination, but the journey. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.