Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: London Trip report ... No 914 sightings :(
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mueller
Like that should be shock smile.gif

Tons of 996's and Boxsters, seen a few turbos, both old and new as well as the occasional older 911...in fact early this week I saw on of the nicest pre-73 911's I've ever seen...of course the steering wheel was on the wrong side blink.gif

So far the trip is okay...the US dollar SUCKS over here, it cost us 1.60 US for every 1 pound spent....the prices seem normal until you figure in the exchange rate.

The people are not the freindliest, even in our hotel everyone is rude or does not want to say hi back.....oh well...

I cannot wait till we get to Germany and then France, I'm guessing it'll be even worse if they even suspect that we are from the US..............

We leave for Stuttgart later this evening !!!!!

9/16 will be the date for our trip to the Porsche Factory, too bad I couldn't get it schedualed for 9/14, LOL
J P Stein
Hay, I can stay here and be treated rudely.....right here on this list, in fact....and by real 'mericans, not some ferrin' pukes. laugh.gif
VegasRacer
Hey Mueller - A few tips for the trip to Germany. smilie_flagge6.gif

Tell them you are Michael Schumacher's cousin.
They will treat you like a celebrity.

When you are eating at a restaurant, at the end of a big meal ...
when the server ask you "Hat geschmeckt?" It means "Do you want any more?"
Just say "No !"
maf914
If you thought Londoners were rude, wait till you get to Germany. Public behavior there may strike you as very rude, but in fact is just plain different. People will push in front of you at every opportunity, never hold doors open, never thank you if you do, not step aside for women and step in front of you if you do, rarely speak to strangers..., all things we somewhat take for granted. It is big city behavior basically, taken to a German extreme. In more personnal situations Germans are about like everyone else, but in public, just strange. I lived in Germany for several years, and I had been there for a least a year before getting over to England. When I did visit London I thought the people were very polite. It's all relative I guess. Now the country I really enjoyed, was the Netherlands, which I was lucky to travel to many times for business. Friendly, polite people and a beautiful country.

Mike
fiid
Sorry you haven't seen any 914s - I don't think I have seen one their either, nor did I have any sightings on my recent trip to France.

I did however see a Ferrari 360 Modena, several Lotus Elises (british reworked modern 914s), and I normally see at least a couple of Astons every time I spend time in London.

The DB7 is certainly a thing to behold, even if Aston are owned by Ford!

Fiid.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.