Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Automotive Performace Simutation Software
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914forme
I am looking for an old program that I have lost track of. It used to be DOS based, but then a windows version came out. It allowed you to change all the key vehicle dynamics and see the theoretical performance value of what it could do. It had a built in database of 1000s of cars. You could then modify a give car or in the case of the 914 build your own version. Once you had the info in, you could run driving simulations 0-60 1/4, speed in gears, HP/torque in each gear, potential gas mileage etc.... It would also calculate speed through a standard race circuits and lateral G-s.

It was a fun bench racing program, semi acurate etc....

So anybody know where this is a google search turned up a ton of stuff, but nothing really good.

TIA, Stephen
MattR
Vehicle dynamics simulation? You mean like Adams?

I've been trying to get Adams for about 5 years now. Its way expensive and tied into the internet. We have a license on campus, but it doesnt have Adams car, which is the vehicle dynamics package. Good luck finding, and if you do find it, send it to me please smile.gif

It doesnt do 0-60 or hp/torque, so maybe we're talking different things.
914forme
Yeah about ten minutes ago I was looking for.
cartest4.5

Not quite to the level of Adams!!! But good for what if I or what if you. etc....

Interesting toy to spend some time with.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.