Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: the good, the bad, and no so ugly
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rhodyguy
how it fared. no bad if you consider the other side of the coin. no start yet. the keys didn't come home w/the car. neg bat cable removed at this point to avoid a repeat. so no start at this point. i have a spare ignition switch that i will install. the one spot that causes concern is the "lift" on the r trunk (thoughts?). it wasn't like that before the theft. the adjuster comes to my house wed am so i'm reluctant to drive until then, no trip to seattle with the car sunday. dave hunt has offered to let me tag along with him. i'll let you know what's happening as things progress. once again i want to thank everyone for their support and the "eyes" that were watching. my neighbor drives truck for a living. every driver with his co was on the watch too. i'm very touched by everyones action. wub.gif .

kevin
"just some temp down time"
rhodyguy
oops
rhodyguy
asdf
rhodyguy
jkl; the gap margins are way off.
rhodyguy
of course the car will require a 4 wheel alignment wink.gif
EdwardBlume
KP - you're living my worst nightmare.

I've seen gaps like the ones in the picts but not for anything good. Does it look like the car was driven over curbs ie from underneath??
rhodyguy
i'm lucky i have LOTS of picture of the car pre-theft. the car will go to a shop to determine potential damage. i'm not getting to worked up until i get the new ign. switch in. my thought is everything can be fixed (happy thought). i was coiled up like spring steel til the car came home. much better now. trying not to get all excited over what "could" be wrong.

kevin
scotty
headbang.gif Grrrrrrrrrr! Looks like the little prick may have bent the car a tad. It's hard to believe that that was down with the light hit to the rr... are the wheels still straight?

I can get you some dissection pins for the perps eyes...
redshift
That doesn't look good Kevin.

Miles
seanery
what's wierd to me is front left damage and right rear damage.
redshift
What disturbs me is the left front damage, and the left rear damage.

Remember Jenny's silver car?

M
Charles Deutsch
Do they know who the b@stard is who stole it? Everytime he earns something in the future, it should be taken away from him until he understands why it's wrong to steal ! Dumb sh*t must be a slow learner!
RustyWa
Kevin you said you never got the keys back. Hopefully the ONLY keys they stole were for the 914....
rhodyguy
rusty, no house key on the p ring. all other keys accounted for. rr dam is from one of my rhodys . lf is from when he he got the car stuck at the dump site.

kevin
tod914
I had a locksmith come out and make a key for mine. Cost $80 if I recall. He did a real good job. Might be worth haveing that done. Hope things arent to messed up on your car and your claim with the ins. goes in your favour. GL, glad you got it back.
ein 6er
kevin,

just getting the chance to say what a bummer it was that your ride was ripped!! but glad you've got it back!!!

if you think some punk was watching your house, odds are it was a neighborhood kid that has seen you driving around and wanted it for a joy ride. and because he found your keys .... is there any chance he has been in you house?? someone you know?!?

about the rear trunk .... have you looked at the hinge mount? any chance it's just come loose?? hope so.

if you suspect the body is bent. it would be nice to roll the car and have a look at how it tracks, so you can point it out to the adjuster.

good luck!!
biosurfer1
glad to hear it's back safe... it's pretty sad that people have to steal, get a job and earn it like everyone else mad.gif
GWN7
If they got your house keys, have your locks re-keyed. Your insurance should cover that cost also.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.