Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shelf life of custom mixed paint?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mueller
I had this mixed up about 2 years ago, PPG Deltron(?), I have no use for it, anyone local need it or think they'll spray it??

Aaron Cox
delstar?
BigDBass
I just need to find my elusive Delphi Green teener (my favorite color) then move to CA, and then I could use that quart! laugh.gif
Flat VW
I could use about four gallons, do you have any lead I could borrow?

John

user posted image

Anybody here any good with fiberglass?
Mueller
opps...my bad, it's PALMA Green Metallic

user posted image
Flat VW
you tease!

John
Flat VW
Please note, the hood badge did not last even 4 hours after the crash when this photo was taken.

John
MarkV
QUOTE (Flat VW @ Mar 27 2006, 12:50 PM)
I could use about four gallons, do you have any lead I could borrow?

John

icon8.gif
Mueller
QUOTE (Flat VW @ Mar 27 2006, 02:03 PM)
Please note, the hood badge did not last even 4 hours after the crash when this photo was taken.

John

that sucks...some a-hole at the wrecking yard stole it???
Flat VW
QUOTE (Mueller @ Mar 27 2006, 02:08 PM)
QUOTE (Flat VW @ Mar 27 2006, 02:03 PM)

John

that sucks...some a-hole at the wrecking yard stole it???

I am guessing so, or someone at the scene, which I cannot quite imagine.

John sad.gif
DanT
Maybe I missed it huh.gif
But exactly what hit you, or did you hit? And how and when?

Don't mean to bring this up if I missed the thread sad.gif

That really sucks...that was a beautiful car.
Flat VW
QUOTE (Dan (Almaden Valley) @ Mar 27 2006, 08:30 PM)
Maybe I missed it huh.gif
But exactly what hit you, or did you hit?  And how and when?

Don't mean to bring this up if I missed the thread sad.gif

That really sucks...that was a beautiful car.

On 12 March 06 at 9 a.m. I was struck by a red light runner here in Phoenix.

Thank you for your comment on the beauty of the car, it was so beautiful, I'm becoming "ferclempt",
talk amoungst yourselves, chatsmiley.gif I will give you a subject, if your car has VW stamped on nearly every part, why do you refer to it as a Porsche?

John w00t.gif
DanT
wow, that person must have been really flying.
I had a delphi Green '73 2.0L about 10 years ago.
Actually my current '74 was originally Delphi, but since the PO had already painted it red I decided to go to my favorite track car color of Phoenix Red.

Delphi is a very nice color when it is fresh and well kept. Very different and attention grabbing.

Is there much salvagable, or is is mostly a total loss? Looks like the rear 1/2 is usable. At least the pieces are.
sad.gif

Very sorry for your loss....did you experience any physical injuries, or was it just emotional?
ClayPerrine
Mine was dephi green metallic when new. By the time I got it it had been painted over with a mix of flat and gloss black Krylon by a couple of drunks at 3 am.

Before that, it just looked OD green. icon8.gif
Flat VW
QUOTE (Dan (Almaden Valley) @ Mar 27 2006, 09:01 PM)
wow, that person must have been really flying.  
I had a delphi Green '73 2.0L about 10 years ago.
Actually my current '74 was originally Delphi, but since the PO had already painted it red I decided to go to my favorite track car color of Phoenix Red.

Delphi is a very nice color when it is fresh and well kept.  Very different and attention grabbing.

Is there much salvagable, or is is mostly a total loss?  Looks like the rear 1/2 is usable.   At least the pieces are.
sad.gif

Very sorry for your loss....did you experience any physical injuries, or was it just emotional?

Oh Dan, no I did not come away unscathed.

My accident

John

P.S.

I was struck by a Dodge Caravan travelling approx 45mph, he never touched the brakes.

I am just now starting to crystallize in my thick head that I am lucky to be alive without significant defects.

MattR
I had the same stuff (PPG Deltron) sitting on my garage floor for about 11 months with no problem. It went on smoothly and the body shop didnt say anything. Of course this is anecdotal, but maybe I can help get this thread back on topic.
Flat VW
ph34r.gif
914-8
as long as the paint isn't contaminated and the can it is stored in is airtight, it will last for many, many years.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.