Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Been a looooong winter....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jhadler
The hallway today where I work...

Cleaning crew I guess...

But do you see what I see?

I see.... SLALOM!!!!! WooHoo!! driving.gif

-Josh2
Joe Ricard
Yea best line is to take the 1st cone on the right so you can miss the copier.
driving.gif

I was driving down my block yesterday. the road is made of 15 ft sq concrete blocks. so I was slaloming every other block intersect. Nirghbors were looking watching and skaing thier heads. "Stupid red neck"
DNHunt
Damn long straight! How long can I wait to brake. Maybe turning left gets me to the road course.

Dave
jhadler
That's not even the longest straight!! :-)

-Josh2
KaptKaos
That's a nasty hairpin at the end lol2.gif
Joe Ricard
Yea I bet it's a frigging pivot cone. Ain't no way to take them fast.
It's a regular evening event at my house to put up some cones and race my son (5yr old) up and down the driveway. rolleyes.gif
He has already figured out how to get the green machine to oversteer just enough to stay fast through the turn.
fiid
QUOTE (Joe Ricard @ Mar 27 2006, 01:05 PM)
Yea I bet it's a frigging pivot cone. Ain't no way to take them fast.
It's a regular evening event at my house to put up some cones and race my son (5yr old) up and down the driveway. rolleyes.gif
He has already figured out how to get the green machine to oversteer just enough to stay fast through the turn.

pardon my ignorance, but what's a pivot cone? I've only ever AXed with our local pca (ggr) and I don't think I've ever run into one.....
Jenny
I just got done reading Skline's thread, and thought this one said Shalom! chairfall.gif

Every now and then I'll come across some cones that fall off a Caltrans truck on the freeway. There's always a rush of adrenalin, followed quickly by a mental assessment of how I should approach said cones, followed by the realization that I shouldn't AX on the freeway. sad.gif

Jen
Dave-O
QUOTE (fiid @ Mar 27 2006, 03:30 PM)
QUOTE (Joe Ricard @ Mar 27 2006, 01:05 PM)
Yea I bet it's a frigging pivot cone.  Ain't no way to take them fast.  
It's a regular evening event at my house to put up some cones and race my son  (5yr old) up and down the driveway.  :rolleyes:

pardon my ignorance, but what's a pivot cone? I've only ever AXed with our local pca (ggr) and I don't think I've ever run into one.....

Carry over from old school "gymkhana". A single cone is placed away from the course, you drive toward the cone, drive around it, and come back. Not found very much in "modern" AX's but you'll run into them from time to time. They're really even less fun than they sound.
BigDBass
Judging by my video gamerz skillz, I'd hit a few cones and the copiers but still come in first somehow. Of course, I have the alternative of just rolling my Jeep! biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.