Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: It's Official
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TROJANMAN
on jack stands for , going on , 48 hours. is this what the beginning of the end looks like? biggrin.gif
Engman
This is how it always starts...........

M
watsonrx13
OK, now remove the wheels, then the engine/tranny, rear suspension, front suspension, etc, etc.... mueba.gif

Oh and while you're in there..... wink.gif

-- Rob
Lou W
Soon it will look like this; laugh.gif
JB 914
Just don't save the Receipts. biggrin.gif
GaroldShaffer
hijacked.gif

Looks like you need one of Mom's service covers to protect you paint. biggrin.gif

Sorry shamless plug for Mom wub.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE (JB 914 @ Mar 27 2006, 05:56 PM)
Just don't save the Receipts. biggrin.gif

agree.gif
Leo Imperial
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Mar 27 2006, 09:36 PM)
QUOTE (JB 914 @ Mar 27 2006, 05:56 PM)
Just don't save the Receipts.   biggrin.gif

agree.gif

But I thought you could demand more when you sell it if you have all the receipts. Mine came with a book. biggrin.gif
jimtab
Oh, you can demand...... poke.gif hi Leo...we miss you.
736conver
Just don't save the Receipts

I disagree.

Although they might not be fun to look at, they will come in handy if you need them for your insurance company.
TINCAN914
Don't take it any further then the exhaust!!! Spring is coming, and I need someone to show me around, driving.gif and you won't be of any use to me with that thing torn down.. laugh.gif
TROJANMAN
QUOTE (bmunday @ Mar 27 2006, 08:13 PM)
I need someone to show me around,  :driving: and you won't be of any use to me with that thing torn down.. laugh.gif

i'll show you around. do you fly fish?
MoveQik
Greg...you jealous ass!! You were so impressed with my 1.8 that you are getting rid of that deadbeat 2 liter to do a swap, aren't you? laugh.gif
brant
its the beginning of the end...

brant
rickyhgarcia
Greg...I recognize those J-tubes!!!

Everything OK??

Ricky
KELTY360
QUOTE (TROJANMAN @ Mar 27 2006, 05:37 PM)
on jack stands for , going on , 48 hours. is this what the beginning of the end looks like? biggrin.gif

Assume the position. If you put the top on it makes a great shelf for tools.

sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif headbang.gif

Marc
TROJANMAN
QUOTE (MW 914 @ Mar 27 2006, 08:31 PM)
Greg...you jealous ass!! You were so impressed with my 1.8 that you are getting rid of that deadbeat 2 liter to do a swap, aren't you? laugh.gif

no, that's why i bought the 1.8. I will have .6 liters on your ass. (cumulative) laugh.gif
TROJANMAN
QUOTE (rickyhgarcia @ Mar 27 2006, 08:36 PM)
Greg...I recognize those J-tubes!!!
Everything OK??
Ricky

yep. i just need to find a few miscellaneous parts to make the heat work, but everything you sent looks great. thanks again.
Dr Evil
(In a british accent)
"First the 914 owner postures arround the 914 with jack and stands in hand."

"The 914, recognizing it is about to be engauged in vehicular coitus then presents with the aid of the owners tools."

"Finally, with the 914 at full presentation, teh 914 submits to the 914 owner."

"Vehicular coitus may take a very long time. It is undetermined how long it may take as many couples have yet to finish. There are even tails of coitus lasting during relocations to different states."

idea.gif present and submit because it is what we do biggrin.gif
LvSteveH
Just to be clear, that means you now have two 914's that are undrivable. You just became a member of a whole different club.... congratulations. beerchug.gif

(and jacking the car up and starting it with a screw driver does not constitute drivable, nice try though)
Toast
QUOTE (TROJANMAN @ Mar 27 2006, 09:09 PM)
Greg...you jealous ass!!  You were so impressed with my 1.8 that you are getting rid of that deadbeat 2 liter to do a swap, aren't you? laugh.gif

no, that's why i bought the 1.8. I will have .6 liters on your ass. (cumulative) laugh.gif

Yea, and the new 914 was on jackstands for the PPI!

av-943.gif
Toast
QUOTE (LvSteveH @ Mar 27 2006, 09:42 PM)
(and jacking the car up and starting it with a screw driver does not constitute drivable, nice try though)

Yea, and neither does racing to the next turn-out. rolleyes.gif (inside joke.)
TROJANMAN
QUOTE (Toast @ Mar 27 2006, 10:47 PM)
QUOTE (TROJANMAN @ Mar 27 2006, 09:09 PM)
Greg...you jealous ass!!  You were so impressed with my 1.8 that you are getting rid of that deadbeat 2 liter to do a swap, aren't you? laugh.gif

Yea, and the new 914 was on jackstands for the PPI!

av-943.gif

making it a true 914. smile.gif
now i really feel like i am part of the non-club.
not only do i have one 914 on jackstands, I HAVE 2 biggrin.gif wacko.gif

now all i need to do is dismantle both them, so neither one of them run, and work on a 2 year conversion plan (which will magically become 4-6 years).
Toast
Or like Ron's decade+ 6 conversion. screwy.gif
TROJANMAN
QUOTE (Toast @ Mar 27 2006, 11:03 PM)
Or like Ron's decade+ 6 conversion. screwy.gif

or gint's poke.gif biggrin.gif

you see, i have it figured out. Once anyone starts to take a running 914 apart, they quickly figure out that it is easier to just buy another one instead putting the previously running one back together. then they take that one apart, and buy another, and the cycle continues.......... it's freakin' addictive chairfall.gif
BMartin914
So the moral of the story is...

If you have to take it apart...put it back together as quickly as you can.

Sitting in the garage in one piece is better than it sitting in the garge in pieces. wink.gif
SLITS
QUOTE (LvSteveH @ Mar 27 2006, 10:42 PM)

It is the "ultimate hot start fix" and it doesn't have to be on jackstands laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.