Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Aluminum Pedal Boards
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Member Vendors
Pages: 1, 2
Engman
These are .25 aluminum, laser cut and weight 2.4 lbs. Just remove your hardware from your old one and put it on the new one. Contact me if you have any questions. Please visit Engman parts for details

Mark

Engman
Please visit Engman parts for details
Mark
seanery
I've seen both in person, bought the black one (actually bought both of them).
They are nice pieces.
Malmz
Picture Installed. Thanks Again!
Malmz
Oops...
Engman
Please visit Engman parts for details
Brad Roberts
These pedal boards are the ONLY ones I have seen that are the proper THICKNESS. They allow you to properly mount your clutch pedal stop and the throttle pedal stop. None of the others on the market are made thick enough to allow proper adjustment for the pedal stops.

B
iamchappy
boldblue.gif
Mark
I would really like to purchase one of these, but I have received no answers back from emails and pm's.
If your down and out, Please get well soon.

David
Engman
I currently have 6 of these on hand. I am pretty sure that I emailed you but if not please email me back.

M
mseiferth
Mark, I'm interested...I'm thinking the black one would be perfect.

How do I pay?

Thanks,
Mark
Eric_Shea
Got mine yesterday... stunning! smilie_pokal.gif
Brad Roberts
I need you to call me (Engman)

650-364-6234

B
JmuRiz
I've tried to e-mail and PM you also about a black one. Please get back to me, thanks!
Engman
Brad has been called...

Jim has email......

I currently (out of the current run) have 5 on hand.

M
914MF
boldblue.gif Need a black one please. driving.gif
Engman
Everyone who has ordered one has one in the mail!

M
JmuRiz
sweeet, can't wait!
914MF
smilie_pokal.gif got mine. wub.gif boldblue.gif
don9146
I would like a pedal board. I e-mailed you earlier, but haven't heard back. Let me know if they are still available. Thanks.
red914
i, too, would like to know if these are still available. is the price the same? what is the cost of shipping to zip code 98370? i appreciate the information.
Engman
Yes - I have several on hand. Sent you a PM with the info.

Thanks

M
a914guy
Hi Mark - :Bulk order..... biggrin.gif
I'd like five! Four black, one uncoated. Yeller will get one, the Palo Alto project another, my "never ending six racer" project the third and the remainging two for gifts.

Drop me a note and we'll figure out the total cost and shipping details.

Rich
Engman
Sent you a PM and dropped the four off at paint today. Will get back tomorrow.

M
goobu
Does this actually save any weight? or is just there for replacing rotting old boards?
Engman
QUOTE(goobu @ Jun 27 2004, 03:26 PM)
Does this actually save any weight?  or is just there for replacing rotting old boards?

Wood is always lighter than a same size piece of aluminum. That being said these are slightly heavier than the wooden one. I make the lightest ones available anywhere at 2.4 lbs. The wood ones wieght in at about 1.6 lbs.

Now to the second comment on these being just for replacing rotting ones. These eliminate the flex in the board when you apply the clutch and it hits the stop or the accelerator stop. (not so much with the accel.) I originally made one and replaced my wood board (which was in really good shape). I noticed a distinct stop of the clutch which was not there before I did this.

The bottom line - a good wood board will work fine but will have some give. This can (depending on your clutch cable adjustment) strech or pull the clutch tube out of the tunnel over time. The aluminum boards do not do this.

M
dflesburg
I sent an email and got no reply.

Are these all gone?
seanery
Mark mentioned on another post that he will be on vacation or business out of town for a while.
Engman
Iam BACK! 1700 mile trip to visit my mom and brothers.

Emails and PMs sent to those inquiring.

M
beckdahl
Mark,
Got mine today. Thanks for the quick response. It looks awesome. smilie_pokal.gif

MB
Engman
Great! It was painted this week too!

M
lapuwali
Just wanted to say I'm another happy customer, but for the short-run of 911 boards you made. Installed the driver's side board in my early 912 last night after a pedal cluster rebuild, and it's a great fix for an old, rotting wood board. I'd say you'd do well to make more of the 911 boards.

My only comment would be that the board is just a bit thicker than the wood board, and getting the nut on the retaining bolt was impossible until I dimpled the retaining plate a bit. However, this is a '67, so it's possible the very early cars had thinner boards. Certainly, the board I pulled out was very thin (and felt like it was made of balsa wood or something).
Engman
Interesting. I will keep that bit of info in mind, but the boards I used to duplicate from were about the same thickness.

I do have 1 set of the early 911 boards in stock - more coming.

M
TimT
Im interested in a 911 board, just one question though? why is the 911 board $35 plus expensive than the 914 board?

seanery
have you seen the crazy bends those 911 boards have? ohmy.gif
Engman
Im interested in a 911 board, just one question though? why is the 911 board $35 plus expensive than the 914 board?

Its a lot larger! And it requires more time to laser cut. And it has a nasty form put into it (any bend in aluminum CAN be nasty - you really have to know what bend radius and angles to use).

Those three factors are the reason for the price difference.

M
RoadGlue
Woo hoo! My pedal board arrived today and it looks like it's going to work great. My only "gripe" is that the edges weren't really de-burred. Not a big deal, as I don't mind the extra work, but could be an issue for others. The edges are sharp!

Question - If I wanted to paint the board black myself in the future, would powder coating work? I'm not sure if you can powder coat aluminum as it's not really conductive.

Thanks for making this quality part available at such an affordable price.
Engman
My only "gripe" is that the edges weren't really de-burred. Not a big deal, as I don't mind the extra work, but could be an issue for others. The edges are sharp!

Wow - musta missed that one - I have been real busy with work - but that is no excuse. Send it back to me and I will pay the postage both ways and take care of this. I did change the way these are processed to eliminate the laser slag and that may be some of the issue.

Question - If I wanted to paint the board black myself in the future, would powder coating work? I'm not sure if you can powder coat aluminum as it's not really conductive.

Aluminum can be real tough to paint. I am fortunate to have access to an ecoat system with a 10 stage wash system. The secret to painting aluminum is surface preperation. Specifically an iron or zinc phosate pretreatment with a sealer coat. If you have a powder coater in the area with a good cleaning system - they should be able to do this. Ask first - some do not like the interaction with the phosphate bath.

M

RoadGlue
QUOTE (Engman @ May 11 2005, 06:56 PM)
Wow - musta missed that one - I have been real busy with work - but that is no excuse. Send it back to me and I will pay the postage both ways and take care of this.

It's really not a big deal for me to clean up the edges, but I really do appreciate your offer. I brought it up mostly as an FYI.

Thanks for the painting info too!

Best,
stateofidleness
just wondering if these are still available?

Engman
Yep -pm or email me.

M
Engman
I have 4 left in stock until my next run of these in January 08.

M
stateofidleness
QUOTE(Engman @ Oct 23 2007, 11:35 PM) *

I have 4 left in stock until my next run of these in January 08.

M

hey mark not to sound dumb but is there an install howto somewhere.. is the accel stop riveted on? just unsure how that will be put on the new board, the other stuff looks like nuts and bolts, pretty easy.. just was unsure of the accel stop

thanks
jim_hoyland
Mine came with 4 rivets for the accel stop...
Eric_Ciampa
pm sent
stateofidleness
cool, got the rivets on and everything mounted.. question though... how do i clean up the actual face of the board to get like scuffs and dull marks off? i would think a wire brush would scratch it... how can i get it shiny and even all over?
roadster fan
Hey Mark,

Email and PM sent for pedal board and triangular front sway bar mount.

Jim
tango-52
Interested in a black one. Sent you an e-mail on your web site.
iamchappy
They look marvelous.. smilie_pokal.gif
Engman
I am currently out of stock on these - hope to have them soon

M
PeeGreen 914
When you make more are you going to do any black passenger boards? I will take one if you do biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.