Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: tire recommendations?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
germaneighter
I am looking for tire recommendations.

1974 2.0
Car is a daily driver with occasional DE and AutoX.
SC front struts, Eric Shea rear arms.
5 spoke Fuchs 6 x 15.
Root_Werks
Yoko AVS Sports are a good street tire. I think they are a treadwear of 220 or so for that size which is about as hard as I would go for street use. wink.gif
Bleyseng
Yeah, good tire as I have them on my Passat. Even Monique likes 'em. I am still running the ole Dunlops SP8000's on the 76 914 for a street tire.
race914
Tried something new for the street and really like the Kumho Ecsta MXs

Joe Ricard
Hankook has a nice street tire can't remember the model # Z212 or something like that. Said to give the Azienis a run for it's money.
Tobra
QUOTE (Root_Werks @ Mar 28 2006, 08:51 AM)
Yoko AVS Sports are a good street tire. I think they are a treadwear of 220 or so for that size which is about as hard as I would go for street use. wink.gif

I thought 16" was smallest size on them. I like my Yokohama ES 100's, but have not hammered on them enough to comment on how they will work out long term. Stick well enough to scare my brother, and he is a motorcycle riding speed freak
germaneighter
I could not find any 15" Yoko AVS Sport.

My brother-in-law uses the ES 100s on his '73 BMW 2002 at some DEs and likes them alot. I think I may try them.

thnaks
Root_Werks
They probably don't make AVS Sports under 16's, but either way, stick with a tire with less than 200 treadwear for the street if you can. Anything else will just be too hard and won't ever warm up on a car as light as a 914. wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.