Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: my 914 got some company yesterday
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
joeav8tor
Hi guys,
I picked up my 2006 Harley Davidson Road glide yesterday, the color is black pearl which is more like gun metal grey, or green in the sun, or a bunch of other colors depending upon which angle you look at it...there is so much nice weather up here in the Northeast that I needed something elso to store in my garage for the long winter.
Joe
joeav8tor
another one
Bleyseng
Somebody doesn't have enough toys! Time for a project car, like a six resto. biggrin.gif
joeav8tor
Geoff,
its funny you should mention that, I was looking for something to use as a daily driver...possibly a 964...but I am not sure, I actually was interested in the Alaska Blue Metallic 914 in NJ, but it looks like the guy selling it has had a shaky past, and the 3 emails I got from him did not give me a warm and fuzzy feeling....if I did get another 914, it would be a conversion of some sort.
Joe
Bleyseng
Well, you do have one of the sweetest stock 914's out there and you have learned how to fix em. So now is the time to get a car you can express yourself with and not be worried about doing back to factory stock resto work. Hotrodding is fun too! biggrin.gif

I sold my bike to get a 914 after too many close calls on my bike. I like steel all around me cool.gif
joeav8tor
thanks Geoff, it is dangerous riding especially in the northeast, I live on the eastern end of Long Island which is mostly farms and wineries...nice place to ride, but I still have to worry about the blue hairs with blue blockers pulling out in front of me...I am riding to Montana then to Sturgid SD this summer for the rally with a few friends, great riding out west...I am going to think about getting a rust free car and possibly doing a conversion.
take care
Joe
WRX914
If this is your first time to Sturgis, get ready to get your drunk on! I have a 01' Night-Train, HD's are great bikes and the owners really know how to party! We are thinking of going to Sturgis this year as well.
joeav8tor
this is my third trip to Sturgis, I rode there from Colorado Springs on a 60 panhead hard tail, went again in 03 on an 02 dyna wide glide, we rode from long island and the wives flew out and we rented a cabin in the black hills, this year we will have 4 of us riding from long island and staying in a cabin in the black hills (Custer).
Joe
Seagrave
Can't resist a reply. I bought a bike too, mine about a month ago. I'm lovin' it. I never raced cars but used to ride AMA dirt track back in the 70's. This is like an XR-750 with manners.
joeav8tor
cool bike, retro looking...good luck with it.
Joe
wertygrog
What the heck, I'll post one of mine too. It is a 74 Italian Harley Davidson, restored just last year. It get driven around the front yard alot! smilie_pokal.gif
I also have a 74 Honda CL360

brent

user posted image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.