Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Relay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mharrison
OK, here is a thought. The thread about shipping the Army Dude's car got me to thinking. My Yamaha club did a world relay, why can't we?

Let's all pitch in and buy an inexpensive car, do a relay with it, then sell it and donate the money to charity..... Or raffle it off to club members....something like that. We raise money all the time, I'm sure we could scrape up enough for a solid car. Maybe somebody has one that they want to get rid of? If we donate the proceeds to a recognized charity, there is the owner's tax write-off..

It would be a great way to get NARP owners together. We all REALLY enjoyed the Yamaha relay. The best part of the whole thing was being a small part of something big and getting to meet other owners that you've been communicating with over the internet.

Hell, everone could perform QUICK upgrades while they have it. Let's say a 1 week limit for upgrades at each stop? I'll bet we could have an AWESOME teener to sell by the time it is over.

Just imagine pics of the car (and 914 enthusiasts) in front of landmarks all across the U.S. come on, this would be AWESOME. We could have a logbook in the car with narratives regarding each leg. We could set up a blog on here to watch the progress.

Hmmm.....how would you insure a car like this? Anyone?

Just throwing it out there to let you guys kick it around......

-Matt
Dr Evil
I would be in. I would imagine we would have to have some kind of $30K bond for the car insurance or something.
Lavanaut
QUOTE(mharrison @ Mar 28 2006, 08:55 AM) *

OK, here is a thought. The thread about shipping the Army Dude's car got me to thinking. My Yamaha club did a world relay, why can't we?
What a cool idea. There's gotta be at least ONE insurance guy/gal/guru on this board...?

How would a relay like this go? A lap of the US and Canada? How did Yamaha do theirs? Count me in for the Central Oregon ---> Portland leg. aktion035.gif
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(Lavanaut @ Nov 3 2006, 10:18 AM) *

What a cool idea. There's gotta be at least ONE insurance guy/gal/guru on this board...?

Howard has his own Agency I am sure he will jump in here.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.