914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
7TPorsh
Hello All,
This is my first post:

My name is Gary and I am a Teenerholic! rocking nana.gif
'67 Coupe de Ville - too big
'73 MGB - too small
'70 914 - just right

I have been a virtual (closet) non-member for about 9 months. Reading, learning, watching ph34r.gif

I do not yet belong to a contingent; unless there is one for people who think about their car all the time, what it needs, sniping EBAY, reading this forum, cruising junk yards occassionally, roasting animal flesh- jsharp.gif and having a beerchug.gif when that long awaited seal gets in.

- then count me in clap56.gif

I have a 1970 914 with a "warmed" 2.0 and Weber 40's. The car's "before" picture is my avatar; the car's current pics are in the link below.

I am at the point where I need a little bodywork on my rear end, bootyshake.gif slight crunching has occurred-damn PO. Then needs some surface prepping and a gloss black shoot.

My first question is:
Since I can't drive the car (no seat, bumpers, lights-don't let the lack of jack stands fool you) and I am not the greatest at banging and bondoing; how can I get an estimate or someone to look at the car and give me a price?
- Don't really want to tow it down to One Day; and pictures make the car look much worse than it really is.

Oh an additional note, I like most other non-members am a CSOB. biggrin.gif

Rather than try and post pics here right now, here is a link: www.gtwebworks.com/porsche

Later _gary rocking nana.gif
blitZ
QUOTE (7T Porsha @ Mar 28 2006, 09:24 AM)
My name is Gary and I am a Teenerholic! rocking nana.gif

Admission is the first step in getting help, you've come to the right place.

welcome.png
Gustl
welcome.png from far far away biggrin.gif
Lou W
welcome.png 9 months, wow, I guess joining this club is like giving birth. biggrin.gif
Howard
welcome.png SUCKER!

Your troubles are over.
seanery
welcome.png bye1.gif
SLITS
welcome.png

Lights and seats yes.....bumpers no

Drive it to Los Panchos.....not only do you get to enjoy the traffic to/from the border, you get to meet some colorful brown shirts on the other side...don't worry though....they're all Alberto's relatives av-943.gif

Now, time for my yellowsleep[1].gif
seanery
nice avatar ron!
hijacked.gif
user posted image
Chris Pincetich
agree.gif
I need more info on that BBQ; 0-60 mph and rare-medium well times? Race fuel or propane? Gimmic or not?
But more importantly, welcome.png
Hopefully you allready have your trunk seals, because I don;t need any more eBay snipers getting the best of me again. Now that your lurker phase is over you will just be jonesing to see the "post #" rise. You'd be surprised how having just that little tidbit of pertinent info at the right time in the right thread will make somebody's day and make you feel like less of a newb.
beerchug.gif
Eric_Shea
welcome.png
Root_Werks
welcome.png
Toast
wavey.gif
markb
welcome.png
drewvw
welcome.png

nice work with the coupe de ville....
7TPorsh
Well thanks for the warm welcome. I totally realize that reading or contributing the right response at the right time is priceless.

Actually never sniped a 914 part; only a fender stratocaster electric guitar which was listed in a wrong category-time/place thing. rolleyes.gif

Only still need a few small wink.gif things:

-windshield: I can pick one up local for $185
- universal chrome molding/seal to go with said windshield (haven't found yet) - stock stuff too pricey and I want a shiny trim.
- New dash plates: bent mine up taking the oak (argh, 1/2 an inch thick it was!) dash face off
- a few chrome targa pieces: haven't decided if I want the vinyl bar or not; not a welder.
- and of course the ellusive A frame seal (I can get them for $250 German piece)
- carpet kit

This and the body paint and I done? chairfall.gif Done. Who am I kidding?

Just wanna make a nice driver and weekend warrior.

Gary

jimtab
welcome.png I have a set of the aluminum trim for the targa off of my '73 we can talk about the tarrif the condition is about 3.5 out of 5...could be cleaned up. And Los Panchos is the bomb...they did my car and I'm happy as a clam.... biggrin.gif
Allan
wavey.gif welcome.png givemebeer.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.