Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: This ought to make me faster
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
VegasRacer
Time for a new SA2005 helmet. icon22_2.gif
After trying on a bunch of different models, I decided on the Bell M3. I created a design and sent the helmet off to Dave McLaughlin, djm914-6, the 914 Club air-brush expert, for some custom paint. Here are the results.

The top has a luminescent Porsche crest done in golds and purples. The white band has a Crown of Thorns ghost painted in a metalic silver that flashes as the angle of the lighting changes. There are more pictures in my blog.

I figure this new lid should drop my lap times by at least 2 seconds. piratenanner.gif
d914
sweeet!! when I get a new one I want to copy that one...so much for orignality!!! smilie_pokal.gif
Joe Ricard
Nope when I get a new helmet I'm geting it to match my car.

4 shades of yellow, some gray primer and a big eff'n white dot. biggrin.gif
Mugs914
Looks awsome John, pics on your blog do a better job of showing the details!

I've never been brave enough to paint my lids. I always do tape graphics so I can change it if I get tired of it!
bd1308
Dave has pictures of this in a compilation he did on the CISCO board. Pretty sweet. I'll let him post it. This thing looks *AMAZING* from pictures but I'm sure pictures doesn't explain it all.

b
balljoint
QUOTE (Joe Ricard @ Mar 28 2006, 05:50 PM)

And screwed on flares for yer ears. biggrin.gif

Nice job on the helmet. smile.gif
Jeroen
Nice job Dave!
clap56.gif
ThemWyatts
[COLOR=purple][SIZE=7][FONT=Arial][I]
Very nice job on the helmet! clap56.gif
Glad to see it to fruition.
Danna
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif
Dave has do work for me ,always top quality, outstanding helmet. Dave slap.gif
djm914-6
Thanks for the ego boost folks! I still have a long way to go before I considermyself a pro but it seems that more and more people are seeking me to do work for them. My next step outside my comfor zone is a custom chopper. That should be interesting.

In the mean time, I'm working my butt off on shirts and RC shells. I'm trying to get time to put together a fair number of things to bring to Hershey this month too.

Thanks again John for believing in me and trusting me with the helmet. I do hope you like it.

Peace,
Joe Ricard
QUOTE (balljoint @ Mar 28 2006, 04:50 PM)
QUOTE (Joe Ricard @ Mar 28 2006, 05:50 PM)

And screwed on flares for yer ears. biggrin.gif

Rivets flipa.gif
and damn sexy one too
I'll be needing a new helmet next year so I'll keep this idea of custom painting filed away.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.