Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SPC: mail deliverer toasted my 4 cam manual
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Aaron Cox
so something popped up, and i bought a 4 cam 550 manual from someone. he packs it in a newspaper filled cardboard box and ships it.

fast forward.....

my mail delivery chick is realllly lazy. and has been just putting packages on the steps of my house (5 feet from sidewalk, 25 feet from front door dry.gif )

she pulled that stunt yesterday. guess what. you cant see the steps from the front door unless you walk allllllll the way to the steps. GUESS WHAT. she pulled that maneuver with my manual and now it is ruined, because the rain got to it. she could have at least walked another 5 feet and put it under the "archway" 20 feet from the door ....

am i able to file a claim? get my money back? make her buy me a new one (if i can ever find one.....)

Pisses me off.....
SirAndy
in my best "alpha" voice ....

SHOOT HER!

but seriously, that sucks. there ought to be something you can do about that, i don't think they can just leave a cardboard package exposed to the elements ...

dry.gif Andy
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Mar 28 2006, 03:21 PM)
in my best "alpha" voice ....

SHOOT HER!

but seriously, that sucks. there ought to be something you can do about that, i don't think they can just leave a cardboard package exposed to the elements ...

dry.gif Andy

ROFL ahndy....

but yes. it does suck. there has to be away to be compensated.. whether monitarily or otherwise.....

AA
retrotech
I'm curious, what "popped up", that made you buy a 4 cam manual?
Aaron Cox
it was unbelievably cheap laugh.gif
retrotech
I was hoping it was a 4 cam, that popped up.......inbelievably cheap.
Grimstead
I really doubt they will do anything to help you out but you might want to search the postal site and see what regulations they have about delivering oversized packages, my guess would be whatever is there is worded well enough to release them from any liability (but you never know). If you find anything helpful, take all the stuff down to the post office on grand and talk to someone about it. Remember to be as nice as possible until the point it stops getting you anywhere.

Sorry it isn’t much help.
rjames
I worked for the p.o. for 15 years. Unless it's insured you're most likely out of luck unless you make a BIG stink. Call their 1-800 #, and ask for the phone# of the office that delivers your mail (they will tell you if you are really persistant) or go there in person and ask to speak with the station manager. Complain loudly, it's your only hope.
Eric_Shea
Maybe, just maybe, there wasn't enough postage to get it all the way to the door... confused24.gif

av-943.gif

Sorry about your manual sad.gif
jimtab
Always have stuff like that delivered by ups or fedex, that way if they just leave it without a sig...you own them. You can get it all taken care of by the carrier....my .02 before you give up on the manual go to a REAL bookstore and ask for names of restorers/binders...they can freeze dry them and restore them easily. Jim
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Eric_Shea @ Mar 28 2006, 04:55 PM)
Maybe, just maybe, there wasn't enough postage to get it all the way to the door... confused24.gif

av-943.gif

Sorry about your manual sad.gif

ROFL eric - this is a perfect thread to add that!!! i dont care... its funny no matter who you are laugh.gif
spunone
Next time you see her while washing your car just turn the hose on her on accident of course biggrin.gif
Eric_Shea
(sorry everybody... inside joke) biggrin.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (spunone @ Mar 28 2006, 04:59 PM)
Next time you see her while washing your car just turn the hose on her on accident of course biggrin.gif

i bought a few of those springloaded snake worm things that you put in cans.... pop out when you open it you know?

ill put 50 of those bad boys in the mail box. Surprise!! laugh.gif
Twystd1
Don't worry bro...

I have another one I will give you...

Let me go look for it....

Crap.. I left it in the rain... Sorry.....

Twystd1
race914
My USPS carrier is just like the one in the Chevy Chase movie "Funny Farm"

I had ordered "Race Car Aerodynamics" last week and came home last week to find it sitting in the rain....

Luckily that book isn't as hard to find...
ejm
I thought it never rains in southern California confused24.gif

seriously tho that sucks sad.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.