Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Time to get started on the big project
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dan_F
Well, here goes, I am finally getting started on my project. Long story short, I got in an accident with my 914 last May and didn't have proper insurance coverage so I was left with a smashed up car. I bought a rolling chassis from GWN7 in the fall and am going to rebuild using my car as a parts donor. Now for the pics...

Started with this
Dan_F
Turned into this icon8.gif
Dan_F
Roller front trunk
Dan_F
oops forgot pic
Dan_F
inside
Dan_F
battery tray
JerryP
Ouch. Looks like a nice roller though. Good luck and post your progress.
nomore9one4
Looks like you have your work cut out for you. Will be worth it in the end! Good luck! beer.gif
fitsbain
Good luck man. I'm just starting on mine.

If you have good longs on both would you help a brother out and sell the passanger side from the wreck?
nomore9one4
QUOTE (fitsbain @ Mar 29 2006, 05:44 AM)
Good luck man. I'm just starting on mine.

If you have good longs on both would you help a brother out and sell the passanger side from the wreck?

Where are you located in Pittsburgh? Sorry for the highjack!
Dan_F
It will probably be awhile until I know which parts I will need or not, and the passenger side long of the orange car might be bent. It was a pretty hard collision. Whatever I don't end up using will definitely be up for sale though as I try to get some money back from the car.
Bleyseng
Have the roller painted first...then transfer over the parts. Its pretty straight forward to swap parts with two cars sitting there side by side. The painting is the killer esp. when the roller looks like that. Save your money now by having it done right now. Have it stripped and painting.

You'll have a $8to11k car when done.
Root_Werks
That battery tray area looks nice and solid. You have a great opportunity to really clean things up, put on some nice paint, take the best of the two cars to get one very nice 914 out of the deal again. Keep the pictures coming! boldblue.gif
Dan_F
The plan is definitely to get the roller painted first, must not have mentioned that. The paint that is on it right now was done very poorly. There is places that will flake off right to the metal. It looks like there was some previous patch work done on the driver side floor and the welds look pretty bad so I might end up fixing some of that as well.
I think I am going to get the interior, trunks, underside and any tight places blasted then sand down the smoother exterior parts and repaint. The flares are fibreglass and I'm not sure if the bonding was done really well either so I might have to work with that as well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.