Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Strut Guide Bearings
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Wild 6
I developed a vibration in my front end and noticed there was play in my right front wheel. At first, I thought it was a wheel bearing, but Brandon from Patrick's Motosports came by in the pits and noticed the strut cartridge was wiggling inside the strut. Since the strut cartridge is new, I called Bilstien in San Diego and ordered a new strut bearing (bushing). Has ayone installed one of these?
J P Stein
I have heard that Bilstein can rebuild strut housings....but forgot to ask Jack last I spoke with him. If you find that to be so, lemmeno as I have a pair that need it.

Bilsteins revalving is a good deal @ 65 bucks per shock to my way of thinking.
Wild 6
Last summer Bilstein rebuilt the strut cartridges. They changed the rods too so the price was $75 each.

I should be receiving the strut rebuild parts tomorrow. I just know if I'll know what to do with them. unsure.gif
J P Stein
Humm, you too?
I need the rods of mine replaced after 2 seasons.....missing chrome.....plus a bit of parent metal gouging. Lemme guess,
big tiars? biggrin.gif
Wild 6
Yep,
I run 235s on the front and 275s.on the rear.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.