Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: steves independant porsche
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
G e o r g e
ph34r.gif

just wondering if anyone uses this shop or if he's a member.

i always see atleast 2 teeners in his parking lot.

shop is on lincoln in orange

George
Aaron Cox
been there. Steve avey is a great guy. he maintains dan calicots racecar.

AA
Twystd1
Hell,

Steves has been there since I was in High School... Class of 72. (or a little after)

The Bergs, Steve and Many other VW luminarys came out that part of Orangre County...

He just might know something... wink.gif

I think Steve was in :Der Renvagen Fuhrers" VW club back in the day... You should ask him!!

Clayton
brokenmoped
Ahem...

I used this shop when I was in a little fender bender. He quoted me $1800 to bend the front end back into shape...I did this for free in less than an hour with a piece of wood and a jack.

I also bought a light assembly from him (used) for, get this...$300.

This included the light, the eyelid and that's really about it. I had owned my 914 for about a month at that point and he knew I was a newbie and ripped me off pretty good. He even argued with me over going back to a stock bumper instead of using a GT front valence which the car already had.

Also, he was going to do his estimate (the $1800 estimate) in a day...for free. He didn't call me back til the 5th day after I had called the shop numerous times and when I showed up to get the car he tacked on a $90 fee.

Maybe I'm the exception, but I was completely turned off by the way he did business. Very shady establisment, albeit they did know a fair amount about 914s and seemed to be enthusiasts.
dstar
IF you have knowledge, and use it to RIP people off?,
what GOOD has come from having the knowledge?

None.

Sounds he's like any other Dickweed, he just knows how
BADLY he can screw ya.

Give him a visit and if it looks like he is headed that way, move on.
Find another shop.

Tis a shame really..........
sad.gif

Don
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.