Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NPC: The F1 world championship race is close
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Charles Deutsch
http://www.formula1.com/archive/driver/2003.html
Personally, I hope Wlliams-BMW win it.
scotty
Wow! Damn, I wish I had speedchannel... Which of the three cars is the crappiest (handling/power wise)?
J P Stein
I thought Shumie had lost his fire....I wuz wrong.

I guess Bernie figured the championship was close enuff to close off the Michelin tire .....uh...I hate to say cheating, but that's as gud a wurd as any.

JPM looked good, but not good enuff. He didn't punt them both off in the first few turns which shows he's growing.
fiid
Schumacher is just consistent - the other drivers and teams are going to have to imprive a bit further before he's out of the running.

I personally hope that anyone but Ferrari win. I didn't watch at all last year because it was a foregone conclusion. The WRC provided much more entertainment.

Fiid.
fiid
How many 914club Bay Area people watch all the F1 races (or would if they had access to speed????)

Fiid.
Charles Deutsch
I can watch it on Speed Channel and TSN (Canadian sports network) at the same time. Commercial on one channel, switch to the other or just listen to the different commentaries. Williams-BMW is still 4 points ahead in the constructor's championship. (Need a crossed fingers smilie here.)
tracks914
Ferrari spends over $250 million US per year on its race team. I cannot believe they, of all people, actually were crying fowl play about the tires. It just goes to show how much of a bunch of babies they really are. JPM showed a great deal of maturity after the race too when talking about the tires. I really hope he beats schumy in the championship.
larryp
Remember Michael's troubled history of ramming close competitors (three times now) at the end of the season.

The only reason Schumacher did not punt JPM off in turn two is that Raikkonen is still too close in points and could win the championship if MS damaged his car and could not finish.

Schumacher is an amazing driver, but he is a major putz.
914Timo
How many 914club Bay Area people watch all the F1 races (or would if they had access to speed????)

I am not from bay Area, but I have watched them all and will watch the two last races too. They come from free channel here in Finland. We are BIG F1 fans here in Finland. Kimi as Finnish is our big favorite like Mika Hakkinen used to be.

Schumacher is an amazing driver, but he is a major putz.

All I can say here about Shumi barf.gif is, that

smilie_flagge6.gif fighting19.gif

finger.gif

happy11.gif
drew365
I'm glad there's some drama this year. But I for one want to see Ferrari take it again. They had too long of a dry spell in the 90's not to take advantage of every chance now. As good as Shumi is I remember when Senna used to run rings around him.
J P Stein
Not to take anything away from Senna, but Shumacker is in about the same position as Senna was when he died.... A young gun was on his ass and kickin' it on occasion.

Senna jumped from team to team....depending on who had the best car. Sometimes he guessed wrong.
Shumi went to Ferrari and dragged it to the top. Ferrari hired the best Englishmen that money could buy to help him out, also.

Anyone that thinks that the rest of the top teams don't have an unlimited supply of money is kidding
himself. BMW, Mercedes and Renault don't like being 2nd either.

The tire thing is kinda funny. Anyone paying attention could see that Michlien's tires had little or no tread after a racing stint. It had been going on for some time.
A simple rule change (check the width of the tread AFTER the race like all the other requirements) caused Michelien to fall all over themselves.....gee, big surprise. laugh.gif
Ferrari could have protested those tires any time in the last year or so.....but waited till it would do the most good. Whine if you must, but them boys are sharp and do what it takes to win.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.