Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: $1500 used steering wheel??
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914-8
Huh?

ebay madness
jhadler
You have got to be kidding me!

oh well... fools and their money and all that...

-Josh2
Seagrave
Jeez, that would make the car worth about, what, a zillion dollars if you parted it out? Give me a break.
shelby/914
If you think that was a stupid price, take a look in Shelby parts. Origional wood wheels for 65-67 GT-350s are going for 5grand and up. Know a guy who said he went up to 7k on a 67 version and didn't get it. I could sell my steering wheel and get another 914, which I wouldn't be afraid to drive.
nocones
Wow,

I guess it's time to start posting all my spare parts on ebay!

shocked[1].gif
nocones
Wow,

I guess it's time to start posting all my spare parts on ebay!

shocked[1].gif
Andyrew
you could say that again! biggrin.gif
alpha434
QUOTE (Seagrave @ Mar 28 2006, 08:59 PM)
Jeez, that would make the car worth about, what, a zillion dollars if you parted it out? Give me a break.

The local guy here in Colorado who owns 2 RSRs payed 250,000$ for one of them. The other was a little cheaper. And he actually races both of them. Or at least parades them around quickly on a track.

Meanwhile, neither of them have the leather steering wheels. Porsche did something different for the RSRs.
Andyrew
back at a swap meet a long time ago, I had some wheels for sale, one nice one, and one old ripped up leather one.

these two old guys looked at the leather one, and quickly bought it, I offered them the nicer one (thinking it would sell quicker) and they bought the other one, saying something about the "rare" leather...

Figured it might be worth something... but I was 13.. I had 20 more bucks in my pocket, I didnt care.. biggrin.gif
nomore9one4
Can you believe it? That fool paid $20 for shipping! huh.gif
ClayPerrine
I have that exact same wheel on my car, right down to the same part number. I got it new in the box for 50 bucks at a swap meet. Maybe I should take it off and sell it? I still have the box too.

idea.gif I could buy a cheapo leather steering wheel cover from Pep Boys and come out way ahead!!!
rhodyguy
if i ever sell a steering wheel for $1500, i will ship it for free. i have 2 padded oem wheels and will be checking the part numbers later today. this is the 2nd wheel in the past few months to carry those kinds of bids.

k
norustscott
wow...bought the same wheel with good leather, same part number at Hershey. In the rain or course, 30 bucks just yesterday!
TINCAN914
Hey come on the horn button was included...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.