Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 in Woodside california
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jeffs9146
I went to look at this car today!

Ebay

It looks like a chop job!
Porsche Rescue
Thanks for putting me out of my misery. I didn't like the pictures I was sent but still thought it might be a bargain if it stays near $6000. What do you mean by a "chop job". Couldn't tell for sure but in one of the pics it looked like the firewall had a large section cut out (far more than needed to see the pully). Would love to hear more detail on what you saw.
Jeffs9146
The rear passenger side looks like it has been replaced with a black fender and the paint has a large chip 3-5".

The rear wall of the passenger compartment has a cut out aprox 8x9"

The passenger door doesnt match up

All paint is thick and cracked at all joints

There is a large rust spot in the floor of the front trunk

The Drivers door wont close strait and needs a good push

The motor is not at the same place as the car (didn't see). I saw the muffler, heat exch and some of the interior...fair shape not great.

Serial numbers seem to match in the front but I couldnt find anything in the back.

Wheels seem good, good tires
boxstr
Well Jim now you can sleep tonight knowing full well that a 914 that was out there was maybe not worth losing sleep over.
I was looking at it closely also, looks good from a distance.
Craig in DAMP CAMP 914
ChrisReale
I could tell that the rear passenger side looked a bit funny...too bad
vortrex
sounds like the guy got ripped off, realized it's a piece of junk, and is trying to recover any money possible from it. I can see it now how the shop in TN sold it...."full bare metal body resto and repaint, no rust, no accidents, completely rebuilt motor....blah blah". kinda feel bad for the guy, seems like he had a major hassle with it.
Brad Roberts
I want to know who sold it to him. I have an idea and would LOVE to blast this guy and help contribute to shutting his shop down.

B
GRM1964
Brad;

In the ad it says German Auto in TN. Is that who you were thinking? wink.gif

Bill
Brad Roberts
Nope. Damn. Was looking forward to blasting a place that has been doing 914 people "wrong" for years. I wont bring it up first. I'll let somebody else open the door.

B
EdwardBlume
I'm guessing the Dr?
Brad Roberts
Nope. A place in Tennessee. The Dr. does sell and support 914's. I personally dont have anything against AA. His passion for the cars runs just as deep as anybodies. I cant speak for his service work or how their shipping and sales are handled.

B
vortrex
hmmm... there's one certain 914 person in TN who had a yellow six and he even has it listed as a "basket case" on rennlist. wonder if this is who brad speaks of...P.K.?
Brad Roberts
NOT PK. Perry and I semi get along. Perry builds bad ass conversion cars.

B
vortrex
ooops, I don't know the guy, just a guess!
Brad Roberts
Did this guy assemble the car to this point ? I dont care about rust on the floor... dont really care about doors lining up (could have put late model doors on the car and never aligned them)

Just a few questions. This car is screaming for attention. Parts alone add up to 6k.

B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.