Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Yoko A032Rs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DanT
Is any one still using them...or are they too "old school" now?

For AX or DE/TT?

Soft or hard compound?

Won't ask about pressures

ohmy.gif wink.gif laugh.gif
grantsfo
I'm about to sell my A032r Softs. Used them for half of last year at AX events. Good overall tire and very predictable. The softs have great grip when cold, hoosier slicks stick much better when warm. I ran my A032Rs around 26 to 28 PSI for AX with good results. Trekkor ran them as well. I think he liked them more than i did.

I enjoyed my A032rs as street tires too.
DanT
Thanks Grant.

I ran them years ago when they first came out and replaced the A008s. First on my 914-6 2.7L RS motor and later on my 300hp 944 Turbo.

That was before they had different compounds.
Trekkor
I did like them. clap56.gif

After I switched to the Hoosiers I used to use them as practice tires during the fun runs at Marina.

I could get to within 1/2 second of my best times on the Hoosiers on the worn Yok softs.

They are good.

Never drove them on the track. They seem to be popular wets with the club racers.

KT
DanT
thanks Trekkor.

I am just trying to decide now between the soft or hard compound.

they say something about high ambient temps being handled better by the hard compound.

I am going to call Tirerack tomorrow and see what the reps have to say.
Trekkor
Call America's Tire Co. and ask them
for Yokohama's "trackside assistance" phone number.

I had the number, not likely that I have it anymore headbang.gif

Wasn't there a graphic on the Yokohama website illustrating soft vs hard for a/x, track days and full racing.
Car weights were a factor, too, I believe.

KT

Trekkor
A032R Data

KT
Trekkor
I have those 225's in the A048's that I'd like to try.
I'll get a pair of 205's someday to run up front.

KT
race914
Run A032s as 'street' tires on the 6

jhadler
I only ran on A032's once. In the rain...

They sucked. I think that they'd be an excellent -wet- tire. But they were terrible as an intermediate tire. Full tread Victoracers were astronomically better.

I never ran on them in the dry.... waitaminute..., actually I think I did. A couple laps in an RSA with A032's...

There were nice tires, but not GREAT. Predictable, not super grippy. I seem to remember they were LOUD. Neat tread pattern, must have some interesting acoustic properties to make 'em howl like that...

-Josh2
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.