Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Repair / Serivce Manuals
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mikeinreno
Does anyone recommend a repair / service manual for restoring a 1970 914 1.7? And does anyone have factory service manuals in pdf format?

This site is the best resource i have found on the net for 914. You guys rock!

I just pick up this little jewel from a guy that was leaving for Vegas. It was a project car that was 1/2 way tore down when i got it. I am going to fully restore it and keep it forever. I had a 1972 914 1.7 about 10 years ago and sold it, never again, what a mistake. I missed it so much. When my wife said i could buy this one I have been in a state of bliss ever since.

Thanks again for everyones time.
mcbain77
The Haynes manual has most of the information you will need. I have seen the factory manuals online for sale in both paper and in .PDF but they are $$$$$. Between Haynes and this site, you really have most of the information available. Maybe a Type IV rebuild video from Jake Raby and a book on Bosch DJET injection if you are going that route.
Mikeinreno
Thanks for the info flag.gif
mcbain77
No problem. Good to see another '70 owner on the board.
JoeSharp
welcome.png
:PERMAGRIN: Joe
Rusty Longs
Send me a PM or an e-mail and I'll send you a CD with the 914 Factory Manual on it type.gif
JeffBowlsby
The Clymer is good too, I like it better than Haynes in some respects. See also my collectibles webpage at teh link in my signature block for more 914 books available:

Mueller
Jeff,

Does that manual mention anything about the cover art??

Marlow
Cover: An original painting done especially for this book by Walter Gotschke.
KELTY360
QUOTE (Jeff Bowlsby @ Mar 29 2006, 05:23 PM)
The Clymer is good too, I like it better than Haynes in some respects.

agree.gif
erikstoll
The Clymer is good too, I like it better than Haynes in some respects. See also my collectibles webpage at teh link in my signature block for more 914 books available:

hey, i have that book, looks to be in about the same condition too
maf914
The Clymer is good too, I like it better than Haynes in some respects.  See also my collectibles webpage at teh link in my signature block for more 914 books available:

Wow! I just scanned your collectible book page. That is quite a list. Do you have all of the books listed? idea.gif

I actually have a fair number of the them, I just seem to keep buying stuff. wacko.gif

Thanks for sharing your info. biggrin.gif
JeffBowlsby
Do you have all of the books listed?

Some, not all.
Tobra
Ultimate info source for 914

Just down loaded the entire shop manual in PDF, parts numbers list too. All you need, and a lot you probably don't

PS, know a guy with the shop manual, but I am too cheap, rather have a set of wheels than a book
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.