Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pic of Pedrinis or Mahles with polished ribs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tobra
Thinking of polishing the ribs and lip on my Pedrinis, and painting the other part black, then covering it with clear. Anyone have pics of Pedrini or 4 lug Mahle with the ribs oplished and the rest black? Thinking it would look sharp, and save me a TON of time polishing, tried a search but no joy. Thanks
1970 Neun vierzehn
Tobra,
I did a search "pedrini" and turned up a post that I think will help answer your question. The post is titled "painting pedrinis, options please". I had a heck of a time getting the search function to work, and I'm sorry I can't get the direct link posted, but that thread has several pics of what I think you're after.
Joe Ricard
They do look sweet. I sold a set of Pedrini's for 400 bucks.
horizontally-opposed
Used to have Pedrinis with black backgrounds and silver details.

Always wondered what they'd look like with polished details and silver paint where the black was...

pete
JoeSharp
These made Linda second guess herself abuot her fucsh. I should have a set of Mahles done in about a week.
:PERMAGRIN: Joe
gregrobbins
Mahles

Five lug "Real" Gasburners.
gregrobbins
Pedrini
gregrobbins
One more Pedrini
Trekkor
fully polished "Peds"
KaptKaos
QUOTE (Joe Sharp @ Mar 29 2006, 04:42 PM)
These made Linda second guess herself abuot her fucsh. I should have a set of Mahles done in about a week.
:PERMAGRIN: Joe

Damn Joe, those are nice. I'd be tempted to trade a set of fuchs for those.
BigDBass
QUOTE (gregrobbins @ Mar 29 2006, 08:29 PM)
Mahles

Damn. Those look niiiiiice.
Goge
Gregg-
I really really like the looks of the polished ribs/rims with the silver background. Do you know who did those?

I wonder how hard that would be for me to do to mine...

-TH
gregrobbins
QUOTE (Goge @ Mar 29 2006, 11:07 PM)
Greg-
I really really like the looks of the polished ribs/rims with the silver background. Do you know who did those?

-TH

Eastwood Garage has the tools and chemicals for a do it yourselfer. I have a box full of stuff to shine up some cookies. Most folks would polish the ribs, paint the rest and clear coat.

I don't remember where I got the picture, but it looks good doesn't it?
Tobra
QUOTE (Goge @ Mar 29 2006, 10:07 PM)
Gregg-

-TH

I actually like that better than what I was thinking of, more subtle. The motivation for polishing just the ribs, instead of the whole wheel was a labor saving one. You could polish where you wanted, mask it off, paint with the silver then clear coat. I don't dig the full polish thing(No offense Trekkor, too bling bling for my taste), may be why I like the Fuchs as they come, shiny petals, satin back ground.
Mueller
QUOTE (gregrobbins @ Mar 29 2006, 07:29 PM)
Mahles

actually, aren't those reproductions made out of aluminum instead of mag??? smile.gif

they do look killer whether real or repo's
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.