Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Accelarator Pedal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
wyteon
When I engage the accelarator pedal, it fails to return when I release my foot from the pedal. Any suggestions for remedying this sticky situation?
sherman1
Replace the accelerator cable...pretty easy to do, even with a center console in the way.

It's either an old cable that tends to get sticky/kinked in it's tube, or you (erroniously) have it wrapped around the clutch cable.

cheers
Mueller
QUOTE (wyteon @ Mar 29 2006, 06:06 PM)
When I engage the accelarator pedal, it fails to return when I release my foot from the pedal. Any suggestions for remedying this sticky situation?

the pedal itself can be going bad.....

missing or loose return spring on the throttle body....

gummy throttle body shaft....

cable going south....
ewdysar
Nope, there's nothing that can be done. You'll just have to get used to it and plan ahead while driving...

Just kidding, there are a few different reasons that can cause friction in the whole throttle linkage. Your best bet will be to try to isolate different parts of the system and check for the stiffness/stickiness.

First check the throttle function at the engine end of the cable. If the engine part moves freely, disconnect the cable at the engine end and operate the linkage behind the pedal by hand to check the cable. Check the arm and pivot in the pedal assembly to see if anything seems tight or overly loose allowing the cable or linkage to get stuck on the edges of the tunnel.

When you find the area that seems to have difficulty, report back here and someone will discuss how to address your specific symptom(s)

Eric

PS almost forgot, is there still a return spring on the engine end of the linkage?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.