Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I finally pulled it out !!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sk8kat1
I finally got a pair of funky shaped vice grips and got the top cap off the strut pulled the shock and the mystry was solved ...

my strange orange shocks in the back that are made in mexico are......

mulholland's..?! ohmy.gif confused24.gif WTF.gif

and leaking like an f-ing sive .. I pushed them down to pull them from under the fender and they didn't even pusk back up... they are toast!

took a break thought I would share the victory over 20 years of crap that built up on the struts.. smilie_pokal.gif

mike
grasshopper
yup, had a pair of those on a parts car that I cut up.... they were aftermarket shocks like 20 years ago....about as bad KYB... they are now painted orange, and are going to be part of my new computer desk happy11.gif
mightyohm
If they aren't gas shocks they won't rebound but they should still resist quick movement.
Mike McGrath
Ick, I got the same Mulhollands on my 912 - they are okay, but nothing special. I found some red Konis that'll hopefully fit as replacements.
Eric_Shea
I thought this was a sister thread to "How long can I leave it in?" confused24.gif
DanT
agree.gif But I wasn't going to go there biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.