Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: replacement shock hardware
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sk8kat1
ok I finally got my koni yellows on but they didn't seem to fit through the stock bushing up by the camber plate so I replaced it with the rubber pieces that came with the shocks ...

I guess it is a little late now but should they have fit with the org bushing and is it a bad thing that I removed the stock and replaced with the rubber that came with the shocks?

mike
DanT
Why wouldn't you want to use the brand new rubber bushings/grommets?

huh.gif
sk8kat1
the others ones I had to actually cut them apart to get them off the car and then after the fact it seemed like such a PITA that I thought to my self ...hmmmm idea.gif ... maybe if it was that hard to take off , maybe it wasn't supposed to come off..

you know the you don't know for sure but it seems right situation..

DanT
those were probably the 30+ year old originals. Hard as a rock and fused together. As you could see from the new ones they are supposed to be separate.
we are talking about the rubber dougnuts...right?
sk8kat1
yup and yup they were one solid rubber piece w/ a steel shank ...
Van914
Are you doing the front or rear?
sk8kat1
I was doing the front shocks rears on their way
sj914
I don't think the fronts use the rubber donut pieces up front. At least when I replaced mine with yellows I didn't have them or used the one's that came with them. You got pics of the pieces that you took off the car?
sk8kat1
they look like these rubber pieces

rubber pieces
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.