Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 Headers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
proto31
I need a set of 6 headers and would prefer a set with heat exchangers. I know the original ones go for around $1100 if you can find them. What about aftermarket sets? Does anyone have a used set? confused24.gif
Root_Werks
Billy Boat (B&B) and GHL make the SSI's. Factory ones ceramic coated or powder coated are best for anything up to 200hp. The aftermarket SSI's are best after 200hp or so. Either way, it can be a spendy venture. I have heard good and bad things about the aftermarket SSI's the worst being they don't produce the burn your face off heat the factory ones do. unsure.gif Either of the SSI's run around $1600-1700 I think?
Mueller
QUOTE (Root_Werks @ Mar 30 2006, 08:26 AM)
Billy Boat (B&B) and GHL make the SSI's. Factory ones ceramic coated or powder coated are best for anything up to 200hp. The aftermarket SSI's are best after 200hp or so. Either way, it can be a spendy venture. I have heard good and bad things about the aftermarket SSI's the worst being they don't produce the burn your face off heat the factory ones do. unsure.gif Either of the SSI's run around $1600-1700 I think?

SSI is a brand...nobody makes SSI's expect SSI biggrin.gif

also, they only make the /4 H/E's and 911 H/E's....no 914/6 stuff that I know of....

GHL does make stainless steel H/E's and yes, those are pricey wacko.gif
brant
believe it or not...
the stock -6 heat exchangers are the cheapest solution if you need to have working heat.

brant
SirAndy
QUOTE (brant @ Mar 30 2006, 08:59 AM)
believe it or not...
the stock -6 heat exchangers are the cheapest solution if you need to have working heat.

agree.gif

i got a set of stainless PMS headers and i'm thinking of selling those and buying a set of their headers with heater boxes.

PMS 914-6 Conversion Stuff

not cheap, but purdy ...
wub.gif Andy

user posted image
SirAndy
QUOTE (Mueller @ Mar 30 2006, 08:56 AM)
SSI is a brand...nobody makes SSI's expect SSI biggrin.gif
also, they only make the /4 H/E's and 911 H/E's....no 914/6 stuff that I know of....

correct, *NO* SSI 914-6 Headers or Heat Exchangers,
plenty of 911 products but he only made stuff for the 914-4 ...

sad.gif Andy
Mueller
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Mar 30 2006, 10:18 AM)
QUOTE (brant @ Mar 30 2006, 08:59 AM)
believe it or not...

agree.gif

i got a set of stainless PMS headers and i'm thinking of selling those and buying a set of their headers with heater boxes.

PMS 914-6 Conversion Stuff

not cheap, but purdy ...
wub.gif Andy

user posted image

those are sweet and I officially do not like you anymore biggrin.gif
Root_Werks
Sorry, just use to saying SSI when I meant it has an abreviation for Stainless Steel. biggrin.gif
proto31
Does anyone have a used set of headers that they want to sell?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.