Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Porsche Crest in Vector
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
cbenitah
I've been looking and it seams like there is somewhat a demand for a crest in vector you can use for vinyl banners etc..

This one is not even 40% finished, but I wanted to put it up anyways.. If there is enough interest I will make it 100% finished. (I'm not sure if you want the circles inside the red and inner gold part and amount of gold finish etc etc etc..) let me know what YOU would like to have and I can make it happen
To make it clear.. Vector means that one can make this crest 1000 feet by 1000 feet and it will still look good (not pixelated).. A designer would probably charge you 1-300 for doing a (good) logo.

I can't give back much when it comes to helping with the cars but I do can help here..

Let me know what ya think
alpha434
Looks good. And I suppose that someone will find it handy. Is this for everyone to use?

***Yeah, dude. No problem
cbenitah
QUOTE (alpha434 @ Mar 29 2006, 10:37 PM)
Looks good. And I suppose that someone will find it handy. Is this for everyone to use?

club members of course.. I know lots of you guys have race car trailers and such (like Brad asked about) So i figured that I can spend a couple of hours making one since I get so much help from you guys with my car..

But post your interest so I can see if there is any interest at all..
Midtowner
smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif
scottb
aktion035.gif mueba.gif
Eric_Shea
Yes Please...
JoeSharp
Thanks Cris, I'm in.
:PERMAGRIN: Joe
ppickerell
I can use a vector image on my laser marking machine to make plaques etc. If you send me the file, I will make you an anodized metal plaque for free.
sjhowitson
DO IT...DO IT...DO IT...

My trailer is begging for it.
GaroldShaffer
smilie_pokal.gif
cbenitah
QUOTE (ppickerell @ Mar 30 2006, 08:34 AM)
I can use a vector image on my laser marking machine to make plaques etc. If you send me the file, I will make you an anodized metal plaque for free.

I'm not really sure what that is but sounds nice..

I will work on it, and if you PM me I can customize it for your needs. (your name, race number etc etc etc)

turboman808
That's pretty cool. Wish I knew how to use Illustrator better. Maybe we can get a group buy to have them printed on vinyl?

A badge with race numbers would be pretty cool and I would definetly be down for that.
VaccaRabite
I am reluctant to post this, as what you are doing is cool and I don't want to take the wind from your sails.

But the official Porsche logo is allready available for free in vector format.

http://www.webchantier.com/
Go there, select English language version of thier site, go to the Logos, and search for Porsche. Youy will find vectors of the crest in color and B/W, the "PORSCHE" script as well as the scripts for various porsche cars (914 is excluded - oh well).

I tried posting the direct link, but it just loads the main page.

They also have logos for many many more companies. I use them for making skins for the cars in GTL.

Zach
cbenitah
QUOTE (turboman808 @ Mar 30 2006, 09:43 AM)
That's pretty cool. Wish I knew how to use Illustrator better. Maybe we can get a group buy to have them printed on vinyl?

A badge with race numbers would be pretty cool and I would definetly be down for that.

No need for a group buy.. Your local Kinkos (cheap) or any print shop can make the vinyl banner for you.

All you need is a copy of the vector file, and I will email that to you once its done. Which means that you can use it over and over again for div applications.

(if you got race numbers email them to me (or a picture is fine) and I can make them "fit")
cbenitah
QUOTE (Vacca Rabite @ Mar 30 2006, 09:52 AM)
I am reluctant to post this, as what you are doing is cool and I don't want to take the wind from your sails.

But the official Porsche logo is allready available for free in vector format.  

http://www.webchantier.com/
Go there, select English language version of thier site, go to the Logos, and search for Porsche.  Youy will find vectors of the crest in color and B/W, the "PORSCHE" script as well as the scripts for various porsche cars (914 is excluded - oh well).

I tried posting the direct link, but it just loads the main page.

They also have logos for many many more companies.  I use them for making skins for the cars in GTL.

Zach

I'm not selling anything..

I didnt know about that site.. I searched everywhere and couldn't find it.. ok, those logos are fine. Maybe not the best looking one. If you want to go with them thats fine. I'm offering something more here.. Since they will have a somewhat original look to them (with the shine) there is one more out there but not in vector..

thanks though
racergreg
Awesome, count me in! smilie_pokal.gif
cbenitah
Here are the different options they give you
Mueller
Your's in much, much nicer !!!!!

For simple items, the other logos would work fine.....

I'd take a copy of yours... biggrin.gif
cbenitah
QUOTE (Mueller @ Mar 30 2006, 10:16 AM)

For simple items, the other logos would work fine.....

I'd take a copy of yours... biggrin.gif

smilie_pokal.gif Thank you. That was what I thought when I saw what was out there.. IF I had a race car trailer I would want something that stands out and looks good.. But its all up to you guys! I simply provide on your request.

thanks
Rand
QUOTE (Mueller @ Mar 30 2006, 10:16 AM)

agree.gif

Yours rocks. I would love a copy.
Brian Mifsud
anyone got the old VW (Wolfsburg) coat of arms? Can't find it on that site..
iamchappy
I made one up in silver.
cbenitah
QUOTE (iamchappy @ Mar 30 2006, 11:35 AM)
I made one up in silver.

is it vector?

This is what the gold one will look like once 100% done
iamchappy
Not yet
cbenitah
QUOTE (iamchappy @ Mar 30 2006, 11:56 AM)
Not yet

what did you use to make it?
Rand
It will be interesting to see how the bumps look in a vector format. Getting the raised and shadowed look might be tough. I think I would rather have one without.
cbenitah
QUOTE (Rand @ Mar 30 2006, 01:27 PM)
It will be interesting to see how the bumps look in a vector format. Getting the raised and shadowed look might be tough. I think I would rather have one without.

have faith brother wink.gif Its not difficult just time consuming.. Look at the silver crest above. It will look similar to that one

(do you want PORSCHE in black as the image you posted??)

and I will be offering both, so you can choose
Rand
Cool. smilie_pokal.gif

I think I would prefer the black inlay in the lettering.

cbenitah
QUOTE (Rand @ Mar 30 2006, 01:34 PM)
Cool. smilie_pokal.gif

I think I would prefer the black inlay in the lettering.

As you wish (that goes for all of you)

pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif smiley_notworthy.gif
Rand
What do you think about putting 914 in the Porsche font in place of Stuttgart? Maybe shrink the horse just a little to make room?

Don't mean to be asking for more work, just chewing on it. smile.gif
Sideways
I'm in, great work... smilie_pokal.gif
cbenitah
QUOTE (Rand @ Mar 30 2006, 01:37 PM)
What do you think about putting 914 in the Porsche font in place of Stuttgart? Maybe shrink the horse just a little to make room?

Don't mean to be asking for more work, just chewing on it. smile.gif

that change will take 1 min...

Just let me get happy with the crest itself then the sky is the limit on what can be changed.. If you want your name somewhere in there, no prob..

Its all about finishing the main part, then the fun begins! I'm thinking this weekend, depends on when I'm picking up my car rocking nana.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif
Jeroen
this one is in vector biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.