Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CV joint gaskets
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tom
Hi guys,
Do any of you living up this way know of a local source of CV joint gaskets?
I know about Pelican and GPR , but was wondersing if we have a close source.
Thanks,
Tom
Joe Ricard
I just make them. NAPA has thick paper gasket material. Package store has beer. Proper application of both turns out nice new CV gaskets.
Dave Bell
When you are in a pinch for thinner gaskets.... you only need the package store.... I was working on a dirt bike with a friend... went a way for a few hours and when I came back he had cut some gaskets out of thin carton cardboard.... in that case I think it was blue Pepsi gaskets.
rhodyguy
tom, i think there's a vw shop/parts house on the water side just before you get to bremerton on hwy16. for basic maint stuff, small car performance in tacoma will get stuff for you in a day if they don't have it in stock. i shop there as does dave hunt.

k
Tom
Thanks for the replys guys.
Joe , I've made gaskets before back in my Navy days , so I think I will give it a try. Don't have much to lose. Just didn't know this would work for this application. By the way , I drilled out my bolts to 0.040 inches to allow some 0.032 inch lock wire. We'll see how that works.
Thanks again for the info.
Tom
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.