Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Huge shout out to Rich Bontempi
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Trekkor
I got delayed on setting my car up for this weekend and didn't notice my brake pads we're getting pretty thin.

I called Rich at HPH after 4:00pm yesterday.
He literally dropped everything and got them in the mail for me.
They just arrived a few minutes ago.

I'll be ready to leave tomorrow morning at 4:30 for a track day at Thunderhill.

Thank you! smilie_pokal.gif

He pulls through again. clap56.gif

KT
sherman1
Yes, Rich is a good guy - But, it is sure nice to have Larry back... clap56.gif

Jenny
I didn't know Larry was back. Tits! clap56.gif Extra hands at the shop are always good.

Jen
olav
Was Larry sick?
Jenny
Larry was... not there... for awhile.

Jen
sherman1
Right shoulder surgery, an old war injury from dropping too many trannys over the years....he's outta PT & back under the cars.

Now, if Rich can just retire with the Viper & Chrysler 300, Larry'll be set to run the place boldblue.gif
double-a
rich is the best. much of the new bits on my car have come from him. great service every time.

~a
jimtab
QUOTE (sherman1 @ Mar 30 2006, 04:20 PM)
Right shoulder surgery, an old war injury from dropping too many trannys over the years....he's outta PT & back under the cars.

Now, if Rich can just retire with the Viper & Chrysler 300, Larry'll be set to run the place  :boing:

I heard it was from too many 12oz curls...welcome back Larry, I'll be seening you guys soon ...before wcc for sure. biggrin.gif
ppickerell
LARRY'S BACK?
smilie_pokal.gif
DEC
QUOTE (sherman1 @ Mar 30 2006, 03:49 PM)
Yes, Rich is a good guy

agree.gif

I bought doorshells from him.
No problem, very good communication
I think he knows what he do. smile.gif

Wilco aktion035.gif
morgan_harwell
Based on the comments so far, I should give HPH another shot at my coinage next time the need arrises for 914 gear.

Last & only time I auditioned HPH for my business was back in 1987, when I was in the middle of the six-conversion. Maybe it was an 'off day' for someone, I wasn't impressed at the time.
Jenny
There's a wealth of knowledge to be had at HPH. Rich and Larry are both super friendly and can help you with just about anything 914 related.

Jen
73jef74
Where is High Performance House?
FlatSix
I've been there.
I seem to remember I purchased a used door stop.
Guess what - It's still in the bag!!! It must be three years ago now...

Am I the only one who buys parts and never quite gets around to fitting them?
mikerose
January 2003 Rich calls my cell... did you buy a 914 yet? (me) not yet (rich) I have a Red 74 you might like. (me) I had call him in december to talk about the 74 and though $$$ but I bough it and have been very biggrin.gif clap56.gif biggrin.gif clap56.gif

Mike

PS Thanks again Rich..
race914
QUOTE (73jef74 @ Mar 31 2006, 12:30 PM)
Where is High Performance House?

High Performance House is in Redwood City, CA

In addition to great parts & service, if you are ever at a track event and get an opportunity to go for a ride with Rich, TAKE IT! pray.gif
jonwatts
I just stopped by there today to pick up some parts for a non-club member, so I can personally attest to a Larry sighting. Visiting HPH is like being allowed inside the national archives. Dark warehouse lined with racks of parts and Rich the curator leading you down the isles with a flashlight, totally cool.

Local people, remember Rich for your everyday stuff.

Non-local people, remember Rich for your hard to find stuff.

sherman1
Rich the curator leading you down the isles with a flashlight...

Yes, done that many times, too & I've learned to bring along my own flashlight, too - it is a cave in there...there's reason for that laugh.gif

Cheers Rich!

szuccaro
Rich is great! Always there when I needed him... good parts, good advice.

Steve
Gint
BTDT. Great people at HPH. I've also spent time wandering that warehouse. I purchased $1k in parts over the phone from Rich a couple of years back. No part numbers, just told him I had a 714 2.0 914. I picked them up when I was in town. When I got back home, every part in the box was the correct part. That's the kind of buying experience I *really* appreciate.
Jenny
agree.gif Last time I was upstairs was right before WCC 04. Birgit and I were digging around a HUGE pile of weather stripping. One flashlight between two scavengers is definately not enough. biggrin.gif I'll have to remember to bring my own next time. I'm sure Rich would be impressed.

Jen
sherman1
Birgit

wub.gif happy11.gif

I wish...dream on, sigh.

And, she knows a lot about 914's, too cool_shades.gif
jimtab
QUOTE (Gint @ Mar 31 2006, 05:41 PM)
BTDT. Great people at HPH. I've also spent time wandering that warehouse. I purchased $1k in parts over the phone from Rich a couple of years back. No part numbers, just told him I had a 714 2.0 914. I picked them up when I was in town. When I got back home, every part in the box was the correct part. That's the kind of buying experience I *really* appreciate.

I think there are few who know more about the 914 in the area than Rich...and...he's crazy fast in a car.... biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.