Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hi Everyone - I'm New
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Beth
Hi- driving-girl.gif

I'm new here. We just bought a 914 about 2 weeks ago. It's a '74 2.0. McMark said it looked good (he said that's his name on this forum). Anyway's, my BF (Rich) and I are big car people and we're excited about our new baby. For the last 3 years we've been playing with 928's so the 914 is going to be fun - finally a car that handles in the turns!!! You'll probably see me alot asking questions as we've found several things that need work. Anyways, cheers! beerchug.gif
boxstr
welcome.png
CCLINWELCOMEWAGON
StratPlayer
welcome.png
john grier
Way to go Beth wavey.gif
drew365
Welcome, try not to run into Trekkor zipping around Napa!
neo914-6
We welcome baby pics too. laugh.gif
McMark is good to be close to...
welcome.png
messix
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif welcome
G e o r g e
welcome.png

let me be the first

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

congrats George
G e o r g e
ok the second mad.gif
Allan
welcome.png Post some pics.

Even a few of the car if you want... biggrin.gif
Beth
Thanks for the welcome. clap56.gif

Well heck, it's dark outside and I can't take pics. I'll take some as soon as I can and post them.

It's cherry red with black interior.

FYI, from about 1987 to 1995 I owned a '74 limited edition - the "bumble bee", black with yellow trim. I was young then and had no idea what I had. I loved that car. Was the favorite car I ever owned. had some engine trouble and got into debt with the shop - gave them the car for payoff. headbang.gif If only we could live life over again. UGHHHHHHHH. Anyways, I'm so happy to have a 914 again!

PS. I'M NOT OLD!!!!!!!! in reading this sounds like I am, but I got into cars early. Just trying to avoid future abuse.
grasshopper
welcome.png locust.gif
messix
QUOTE (Beth @ Mar 30 2006, 08:33 PM)
Thanks for the welcome. clap56.gif

Well heck, it's dark outside and I can't take pics. I'll take some as soon as I can and post them.

It's cherry red with black interior.

FYI, from about 1987 to 1995 I owned a '74 limited edition - the "bumble bee", black with yellow trim. I was young then and had no idea what I had. I loved that car. Was the favorite car I ever owned. had some engine trouble and got into debt with the shop - gave them the car for payoff. headbang.gif If only we could live life over again. UGHHHHHHHH. Anyways, I'm so happy to have a 914 again!

PS. I'M NOT OLD!!!!!!!! in reading this sounds like I am, but I got into cars early. Just trying to avoid future abuse.

we'll all grieve with you on this one.
rick 918-S
welcome.png wavey.gif assimilate.gif
Gint
QUOTE (Beth @ Mar 30 2006, 08:33 PM)

chairfall.gif Now that's funny! You can't avoid abuse around here.

welcome.png
TINCAN914
welcome.png

Better get pics posted before they begin beating you.
Welcome... This is a great place for information.. And laughter..
Trekkor
try not to run into Trekkor zipping around Napa!

Hmmph! dry.gif

biggrin.gif

I'm harmless...

Welcome back to 914 land.
This place is addicting...unplug...while you...can! assimilate.gif

KT
Beth
OK you guys, I'm not a bit scared. I'm lovin' it being here!
Aaron Cox
you may have seen trekkor at your local HOME DEPOT chairfall.gif
Always Looking
Welcome to the club. what made you give up 928 beer.gif s?
ClayPerrine
Welcome!

Beth
Oh no, I didn't give up the 928 - we had 2, an '87 and an '85. We sacraficed the'85 to get the 914 and NO regrets. The cars are SO different from eachother - we figured we needed one of each.
Beth
[QUOTE]we'll all grieve with you on this one.

You have no idea my pain over this one.
campbellcj
Welcome!
reverie

Be careful posting pics here. These people are ruthless!

I wonder where Ruth is.. rolleyes.gif
Trekkor
your local HOME DEPOT

They have a *race isle* at ours cool.gif

KT
jgara962
welcome.png

The Napa contingent adds another member! biggrin.gif
GWN7
Hello & Welcome.....

Hmmm a 928 & a 914...I wonder what would happen if......

alien_2.gif
ThemWyatts
Welcome to the madness!
xitspd
smilie_pokal.gif Congrates! I have been in love with the 914 for over 30 years! 914world.com is a great place to learn and meet a great group of people.

Dan
Rand
QUOTE (GWN7 @ Mar 30 2006, 09:22 PM)

Hmm... 921?

Welcome Beth!!! And Rich! (Is he the shy one?) laugh.gif
jimtab
welcome.png Just stroll around the grounds...until you feel at home. Bet em high and sleep in the street...ok, that's all the good advice I have....welcome. driving-girl.gif
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE (Beth @ Mar 30 2006, 07:15 PM)
Hi- driving-girl.gif

For the last 3 years we've been playing with 928's so the 914 is going to be fun - finally a car that handles in the turns!!!

YOU think a 928 doesn't "handle in the turns"? Oh my .......... Welcome anyway. The Cap'n
Claymore_5by5
Welcome!!!

Make sure you read the restoration threads. Great Info! I just joined and am learning more every night.

messix
QUOTE (GWN7 @ Mar 30 2006, 10:22 PM)
Hello & Welcome.....

alien_2.gif

yep the off spring would be the alien
JeffBowlsby
Welcome Beth and BF. I think I recall McMark posting a photo of your car a week or two ago.

Know anything more about your LE car? Where it is now, VIN, a photo, anything. You may know my 914 LE website at the link in my signature block below. Maybe its on the Registry?
JeffBowlsby
Is this yours? You are in good company with Trekkor and McMark nearby... biggrin.gif

Mrs. K
QUOTE (reverie @ Mar 30 2006, 08:17 PM)
Be careful posting pics here.  These people are ruthless!

I wonder where Ruth is..  :rolleyes:

lol2.gif .....I think you scared Ruth away!

But not me or the other regular ladies here! shades.gif

And so glad to have another one! wavey.gif

Welcome Beth.....this place is awesome! girlboing.gif

Lisa driving-girl.gif
Jenny
Welcome Beth! Your testimony just further enforces what I always suspected, you can take the girl out of the 914, but you can't take the 914 outta the girl... wacko.gif Or something like that. I suspect I'll always have one, is what I mean. biggrin.gif

Look forward to meeting you at a bay area breakfast in the future!

Cheers!
Jen
grantsfo
Welcome! Great to see so many 914 people emerging in Nor Cal again! ....So when are you starting your six conversion? biggrin.gif
MoveQik
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Mar 30 2006, 07:57 PM)
you may have seen trekkor at your local HOME DEPOT chairfall.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

welcome.png
So.Cal.914
Congrats on your two new deliveries. smoke.gif
Remember to keep your arms and legs in the car at all times.
effutuo101
Welcome! Look forward to meeting you both at WCC06! just a short hop up the coast!
Chris
Dr. Roger
it's already too late. laugh.gif

there's nothing you can do.

sucker!!!

oh, and welcome to the club neighbor. smilie_pokal.gif biggrin.gif beer.gif

Roger
in Hercules, CA.
KELTY360
QUOTE (Beth @ Mar 30 2006, 08:05 PM)

BTDT, had to let a Bumblebee fly away in the early 80's. You've finally found the cure...another 914. Too bad there's no good twisties where you live. wink.gif

welcome.png
markb
welcome.png
scotts-toolwench
YAY! Another female on the board! Our numbers are growing ladies! Welcome to the board. I love this place....don't worry, everyone is great here....can't wait to see pics.

driving-girl.gif drunk.gif girlboing.gif girlboing.gif monkeydance.gif welcome.png
ConeDodger
QUOTE (KELTY360 @ Mar 31 2006, 06:50 AM)
QUOTE (Beth @ Mar 30 2006, 08:05 PM)

BTDT, had to let a Bumblebee fly away in the early 80's. You've finally found the cure...another 914. Too bad there's no good twisties where you live. wink.gif

welcome.png

I beg to differ. Between Napa and Sonoma Valley there is a road called the Oakville Grade. Two lanes, good pavement, switchbacks and curvies the whole way.... Welcome...
Rob
Eric_Shea
FYI, from about 1987 to 1995 I owned a '74 limited edition - the "bumble bee", black with yellow trim. I was young then and had no idea what I had.

welcome.png Old Lady! laugh.gif
d7n7master
QUOTE (scotts-toolwench @ Mar 31 2006, 08:04 AM)
YAY! Another female on the board! Our numbers are growing ladies! Welcome to the board. I love this place....don't worry, everyone is great here....can't wait to see pics.

driving-girl.gif  :DRUNK:  :girlboing:  :girlboing:  :monkeydance:  :wttc:

welcome.png
Everybody knows these are "chick" carz av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.