Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ATTN: Kerry914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Trekkor
Hey, we were cutting Terry throttle cables in half and dealing with very annoying pedal tension and feel. Heel and toe action was impossible. Not to mention replacing Terrycables twice a year is just wrong. headbang.gif

By straighening the tube that comes out of the firewall for the cable and keeping the cable straight with no bends for at least six inches I think this problem is solved.
The tube is aimed towards the bell crank on the trans instead of up slightly to feed the cable up and into the engine bay for FOUR F.I. motors.

I adjusted it and test drove around the vineyard lap today.
Felt every bit as good and responsive as the stock F.I. did.

The bell crank was not the problem. It's was the sharp bend in the cable sawing the cable in half, dragging, sticking until it finally goes...Oh schnapppp!

I didn't take any pictures for you, Kerry but I will when I get a chance.

KT
Kerrys914
ohmy.gif Nice smilie_pokal.gif .. Please do take some photos.

Did you heat the tube up some to bend it? I will add this to my list of things to do. I have beed trying out some different routings and I do agree the routing is causing most of the issues smile.gif

Thanks and keep me posted. I'll take some photos of the tube before and after bending. smash.gif smash.gif

I am still waiting for my Terry cable to come back from Terry Cable? I also asked if they could make one with more strands?? Maybe we can get a group buy together for a super strong cable??? wacko.gif

Allan
I notice that my /6 has a really hard throttle compared to my /4.

Definitely post a pic or 30....
Trekkor
Glad you saw this. smile.gif

When you bend the tube be careful you don't kink it.
The threaded end has to pass through there and does go around corners to well.

You might consider putting a steel rod in the tube before bending it.

I was finally able to experience fantastic heel/toe action on the track yesterday. Such an improvement. smilie_pokal.gif

KT
marks914
I used a piece of straight brake hard line to make a straight tube for my throttle cable. It now comes straight out of the firewall on the left side.
Works great, I had to do it because my original tube had a kink in it and I couldn't install a new cable there.
Mark
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.