Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 in Malvern, PA
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
FB914
I'm in search of the owner of the owner of the light blue 914 on Main St in Malvern PA who has left the car outside with no cover all winter!! I drive by this car periodically as I take my daughter to pre school and I have almost stopped several times. Cover the car or sell it, please!! I'll buy it and find it a good home if it's not already completely rusted out.
nomore9one4
Just a thought,but maybe the owner is at the same place the car is? wacko.gif
Kerrys914
Get the house street address and I will mail him a nice a flyer telling him about this non-club.

And a plea to cover the car and give it some wub.gif .

URY914
It's mine. I park it there for the winter.
rick 918-S
We should start a "Hall of Shame" for abandoned 914's we see. Take a photo and post it in a nailed thread.

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
rmital
...same situation here in North Jersey. Since last September, a very nice Zambezi Green, '73 1.7L has been sitting in a Mobil station. I stopped by several times and talked to owner of the station. Say's it's his sons, waiting to put a clutch in it. That's 7 months ago.

The story is starting to change....he finally asked how is it worth...

It spent the whole winter covered with snow...tires are now flat...it's heart breaking.

....there's no rocker panels on and the longs look solid. Late at night went thru the car and mostly looks nice. European lenses all around. Some dents, probably from parked cars all around.

....it's a mile from my house...it's definitely making me crazy...
rick 918-S
" Hall of Shame" thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
rmital
QUOTE (rick 918-S @ Mar 31 2006, 07:20 AM)
" Hall of Shame" thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

I like the idea...."Hall of Shame"

will get pic later...hopefully wont get shot at...too many times.
JerryP
I'm through there all the time and I've never seen it. Do you mean on King Street? I'll go check it out.
JerryP
Unbelievable day in Philly today...already put 100 targa top off miles on my teener and its only 10:50am. smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif
FB914
The car is in the driveway of a big house on the Exton side of Malvern - it is King Street. I'll get a pic next time I go by
type47
QUOTE (rmital @ Mar 31 2006, 07:24 AM)
" Hall of Shame"  :ttiwwp:

OK, but no one can post a pic of my driver......
URY914
QUOTE (type47 @ Mar 31 2006, 08:14 AM)

You're right. We'd all be taking pictures of each others cars and posting them! laugh.gif
rmital
QUOTE (URY914 @ Mar 31 2006, 08:24 AM)

You're right. We'd all be taking pictures of each others cars and posting them! laugh.gif

agreed.....but in this case, only abandoned or neglected teeners.

Kinda like DYFS for 914's.
nomore9one4

I'll Start!
messix
QUOTE (boboli914@att.net @ Mar 31 2006, 11:11 AM)

I'll Start!

the longs look solid. how the hell hole. looks like a east coast fixer to me
messix
p.s dibs on the chrome bummper
rmital
QUOTE (messix @ Mar 31 2006, 10:27 AM)
the longs look solid.

jeez....they really do. What a find.
rick 918-S
QUOTE (rmital @ Mar 31 2006, 10:51 AM)
QUOTE (messix @ Mar 31 2006, 10:27 AM)
the longs look solid.

jeez....they really do. What a find.

That's sad... sad.gif
HarveyH
FB914 said:
The car is in the driveway of a big house on the Exton side of Malvern - it is King Street. I'll get a pic next time I go by

I think the current prez or one of the other officers of the local PCA chapter lives along King Street. A number of years ago I drove along there almost every day, and I think I saw the car a couple of times, but not with any regularity. As I remember, it was just a short distance from where King Street crosses Rt 352.
Harvey
zymurgist
QUOTE (boboli914@att.net @ Mar 31 2006, 01:11 PM)
I'll Start!

That will buff right out.
dkos
I'm suprised to see so many 914Club members in the area. I work in Malvern and have noticed an orange 914 sitting outside of a Porsche repair shop on Lincoln Hwy (Val Valkenburgh). It's been there for years. I stopped there once. The place was deserted and the 914 looked pretty rough. I notice there's a white 914 sitting next to it lately. It doesn't seem to move either.
drewvw

I like the hall of shame nailed thread idea. I got one lined up next time I make it back home....
r_towle
QUOTE (drewvw @ Mar 31 2006, 04:28 PM)
I like the hall of shame nailed thread idea. I got one lined up next time I make it back home....

Do tell...

Rich
JerryP
dkos,

I tried a few times over the years to buy that orange car. I want the fuchs on it....and to see it move. Its been in that spot for at least 15 years. He says he'll never sell it because "its his race car". confused24.gif

Definitely a Hall of Shamer....especially for a Porsche mechanic.

I've had a few conversations with him and Van Valkenberg is an.....unusual.....character.

Glad to see there is more guys out this way. I never see any other cars on the road though.
So.Cal.914

It's not so bad, the longs look good. dry.gif A little bondo... A little paint and alot of imagination, kind of squint your eyes. At least you would not have to worry about someone stealing it.
KaptKaos
My Brother lives in Spring City, maybe I should have him swing by idea.gif
messix
and look! the targa bar and windshield have already been removed, it's just screeming to be made into a race car!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.