Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dyno results
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
D1A3
It looks like I will have an opportuity to get my recently rebuilt (to stock spec) 2.0 engine (no smog, D-Jet FI) dyno'd tomorrow. I know what all of the books say about HP, torque etc, but should I expect to achieve those numbers realistically?

I'm asking because HP at the rear wheels is differnt than HP at the flywheel, right? Anyways, just trying to get a feel for what my expectations should be so when we put it up on the Dyno I know if the results are good or not.
messix
take a wag [wild ass guess] then divide that in half. it will be dissapointing. prolly bout 65-70hp at the wheels.
chassis dyno come out low cause the engine is driving the accesories like alt. and air pump if its smogged, and the drag thru the gears of the tranny and dif. all add up to some horse power4 loss to the wheels.
Mueller
15% to 20% lower wheel hp is the average numbers thrown around for drivetrain loss........so 80ish HP should be within sight...

lapuwali
QUOTE (Mueller @ Mar 31 2006, 11:47 AM)
15% to 20% lower wheel hp is the average numbers thrown around for drivetrain loss........so 80ish HP should be within sight...

Assuming the factory number of 95hp is accurate. The actual measured peak seems to be under 90hp. I'm going to guess 75hp at the wheels.
Jake Raby
with 3 different engines my 914 made within 2HP of losing exactly 25HP @ the wheels compared to the dyno results at the flywheel on my dyno...

All engines were greater than 170HP at the flywheel.
Jeff Nelson
QUOTE (Jake Raby @ Mar 31 2006, 12:44 PM)
with 3 different engines my 914 made within 2HP of losing exactly 25HP @ the wheels compared to the dyno results at the flywheel on my dyno...

All engines were greater than 170HP at the flywheel.

Which is about 15%. Here are some good discussions of the flywheel vs driving wheel differences:
http://www.pumaracing.co.uk/coastdwn.htm
http://www.pumaracing.co.uk/power3.htm
http://www.sdsefi.com/techdyno.htm
Bleyseng
Most 95hp stock 2.0L dyno out around 75-80 hp depending on their condition.
gregrobbins
Beck just had his done and pulled 82 HP on stock 2.0L with D-Jet. Gerard got 95 at the wheels with a cam, euro pistons, some head work, and MegaSquirt.

Here is a shot Gerard, his daughter and his car.
jniemeier
Mine made 86hp at 4600rpm at the rear wheels from a totally stock '73 2.0 DJet. It runs at 13.0 to 13.7 A/F at WOT but 15 or just a bit over at steady cruise. Not bad for 1969 era fuel injection control. If you don't like it like that at cruise, adding resistance to the cylinder head temp sensor line richens it about 0.7 A/F for each 100 ohms. At least that's my experience.

Jim in Rochester, NY
'73 2.0 Bahia Red
PS: That 18k$ car at Barrett J. doesn't look Bahia Red to me. Not enough orange to it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.