Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lights go up...but not down.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
CptTripps
So my first gremlin of the year appeared last night....

I turned the lights on, and they flipped up, and all was good. Then I got home and parked it...they turn off, but don't flip back down.

I popped the hood, and put them down manually, then tried again. Same thing...up, no down.

I scratched my head for a bit, and looked for a fuse that may have gone bad, but didn't see anything. When I was screwing the 'lid' back on the fuse panel (Engman upgrade) I heard them shut.

They go on and off just fine now, but I have NO idea what would make them go up, and not back down.

Any ideas???
URY914
I gotta be first...

Let me get this right, you can get it up and you're complaining that it won't go down?

Oh my. wacko.gif
CptTripps
Yeah...I guess when you put it that way...

The commercial said that if it's up for more than 4 hours, to call a Doctor. I figured this was the closest thing. wink.gif
r_towle
please explain the screwed in/down fuse box cover...

And to your problem...you started it after a long time sitting...
Get some electrical cleaner...take out the fuses, clean the contacts and the ends of the fuses...should be good to go.

I have found that sometimes you need to just twist them in place to get the connection to work.

Rich
FlatSix
I had some trouble once - as soon as it went up it came straight back down again (I know what you're thinking). wink.gif

Clean / change the round relay by the side of the headlamp. Normal service will be resumed.
r_towle
your just getting quicker with age...

R
So.Cal.914

If it stayed up for four hours, my wife would need the Doctor.

Had the same problem, Turned the fuses and No more problem...
And when faced with an electrical Problem now, that is the first thing
I check.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.