Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Grassroots Motorsports
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rktmn247
Co worker gave me an old copy from 2002 because he knew I was into 914s. I had never read this mag before (don't know how I missed it). Mag only had part three in it but the whole project is available on their website if anyone is insterested. Good article on a MGB also. Overall I thought it was a good read.

https://ssl.grmotorsports.com/back-issues.php
turboman808
WOW never heard of the magazine!

They have really come a long way in the last 5 years. It's nice to see someone sticking to there principles and making because of it. It's really the only magazine that I feel I can trust what they are saying.

What I really like about them is they are completely aproachable and enjoy talking to the readers. I have asked David many times about his civic setup in the past. But even cooler he put my car in there magazine once HAHA

I think there coolest project ever was the rotary spitfire.

Oh and they really started something special when they introduced the 2000 challenge-I think that was the first year.
rktmn247
QUOTE (turboman808 @ Mar 31 2006, 11:53 AM)
WOW  never heard of the magazine!

I know screwy.gif Have I been under a rock or what? Anyway just getting back into cars after I sold my Mustang back in 94. Glad I found it though and this non-club!
newto914s
They're the reason I bought a 914. I was looking for a while for an old car, spent a alot of time looking at MGs and the like. Then a happened across their sister mag "Classic Motor Sports" and it just so happened to be featuring the 914 in its buys guide section. That planted the seed and I've never looked back. driving.gif
jhadler
GRM is a great magazine. Been around for quite a while. I have an old issue from the 80's (when it was called autox and ) where they did a head to head of a 914 and X1/9.

The project 914 was a good series, although I think they could have done better on the motor (wonder what Jake would have to say about that one...).

I especially like the challenge. Someday, when I have a ton of extra time on my hands, I'd like to build a car for the challenge. But I don't even seem to have enough time to get my own car up and running, much less build a whole competition vehicle for $2k...

-Josh2
ThinAir
The publisher has been a member here, but hasn't been heard from in ages.

I subscribed just because of that series, but ended up somewhat disappointed because neither the print or online info really answered the questions of why the failures occurred or what was done to fix them.

For all the talk of the car being a keeper, it was for sale less than 6 months later.

Since I'm not a racer, and that was all they ever said about 914s, I let my subscription lapse.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.