Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: weber carb question - pull choke removal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Aaron Cox
when you remove the enrichment chokes on an IDF, and use blockoff plates, do you pull the 2 "piston" shaped things from inside that cavity?

Gint
hijacked.gif

I know I'm not alone, but I always thought it would be kinda cool to set up a mini linkage set to both carbs to operate the chokes. You could run a choke cable and really make startup/warmup a lot easier.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Gint @ Mar 31 2006, 07:00 PM)
hijacked.gif

I know I'm not alone, but I always thought it would be kinda cool to set up a mini linkage set to both carbs to operate the chokes. You could run a choke cable and really make startup/warmup a lot easier.

seen it done. IIRC kevin has autoloc door actuators to pull his chokes. very smart...

now find me my IDF answer!!!
Joe Ricard
Left plunger thingys onmy 40IDF's put the block off plates on works good as the plungers are spring loaded to stay in the normal running position. can't lose the parts this way either or forget how it supposed to go back together.
Warm up ??? hell it's already warm down here.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Joe Ricard @ Mar 31 2006, 07:36 PM)
Left plunger thingys onmy 40IDF's put the block off plates on works good as the plungers are spring loaded to stay in the normal running position.   can't lose the parts this way either or forget how it supposed to go back together.
Warm up ???  hell it's already warm down here.

and by taking them out, the carb would be UNGODLY RICH????
rhodyguy
that wasn't my car aaron. wish it was. neat setup. i guess a dual manual choke cable is sort of impractical. dry.gif

k
Aaron Cox
so what happens if you remove the 2 "pistons" that live under that choke mechanism/blockoff plates?

rhodyguy
i just pulled one of the cover plates off one of the 44s. there is nothing there. go dial in the carbs and linkage. don't throw the rest of the stuff away.

k
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (rhodyguy @ Apr 1 2006, 01:08 PM)
i just pulled one of the cover plates off one of the 44s. there is nothing there. go dial in the carbs and linkage. don't throw the rest of the stuff away.

k

all the stuff is saved.

thanks kevin.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.