Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help, Shaggy's sick.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bjorn jacobson
I just got an email from shaggy about payment for some parts. He went on to say that he has had a fever for three days, his mom isn't home to help, and he was wondering what to do. He said today his temp is 103.1.
I told him to GO TO THE HOSPITAL, NOW!

I'm no doctor but I think he is at risk and want to make sure he'll be OK. Don't want him to wind up goofy in the knogen.

Any Docs or EMTs or the like have advice for him?

Thanks,

BJ

P.S. Hope you're not offended that I posted this Shaggy, just want you to be safe and healthy.
TINCAN914
I'm no doctor, but my son had a temp of 103 two weeks ago and we were told to have him come in to ER.
Aaron Cox
waddadoof! go directly to the hospital dude!!!

freakin A!!! GO!!
KaptKaos
Shaggy,

Don't stress your folks out - go get some medical care.

- Joe
gregrobbins
Jim, if you need me to pick you up and take you to the ER, call.

623-435-1044
MoveQik
QUOTE (gregrobbins @ Mar 31 2006, 08:09 PM)
Jim, if you need me to pick you up and take you to the ER, call.

623-435-1044

Good grief, that house is a mess! Our daughter is 5 and at 102 they say the Dr or ER. Don't know if that applies to older kids as well. Let me know if you need a ride as well. 480-227-9967
shaggy
its going up and down

103 was highest today

but about 3 hours befoer that i was 98.8
damn sinus infection got way to out of control before i did anything about it

i take my temp every hours or so

now in only 100.1

bath and food helped

thanks for the concern
-jim
KaptKaos
bacterial requires drugs, viral you are on you own. (I think this is how it works). Anyways, if I am correct and its a bacterial infection, get yourself some anti-biotics before it gets worser.
shaggy
taking 4 amoxocilin a day biggrin.gif

and advil every 4 hours

-shag
MoveQik
QUOTE (KaptKaos @ Mar 31 2006, 08:55 PM)
bacterial requires drugs, viral you are on you own. (I think this is how it works). Anyways, if I am correct and its a bacterial infection, get yourself some anti-biotics before it gets worser.

Bingo. Daughter has a sinus infection as we speak.

Glad you're feeling better, Jim.
bjorn jacobson
As long as it isn't VD! ohmy.gif
shaggy
down to 99.8 now!

feeling better too
-shag
MoveQik
QUOTE (shaggy @ Mar 31 2006, 09:31 PM)
down to 99.8 now!

feeling better too
-shag

Well get out there and start turning a wrench! biggrin.gif

How is your dad?
shaggy
i dont know what to turn a wrench on all i have to do now is split a case and its stuck dry.gif
i heard use a propane tourch so that on the list of tools to get now

john is doing better everyday

walking around alot almost every day now he and my mom go for a walk around the block+plus him walking across the house every hour or so to check the non-club site

now that im sick though i cant be sent out to marie calenders at 1130pm to go get a strawberry pie
so other than not having my to go get food at ungodly hours of night hes doing pretty well
MattR
Bah, my type 4 runs twice as hot... tough it out

biggrin.gif
shaggy
after i showed my mom the 103.1 last night she called the hospital and they said only to bring me down if i hit 104

down to 100 as of now
SLITS
Go to your room, close the door and turn out the lights and take care of that "fever" yourself.....

unless you can find a willing partner..... av-943.gif
DNHunt
Shaggy

If you don't continue to improve or start to get worse again head back to the doc. I write presciptions of Amoxicillin every week. It's a great drug and cheap but, lots of bugs are resistant to Amoxicillin. It usually take a few days for resistance to show up so people sometimes get kind of confused cause they are better but, not great. It's not uncommon to need a different drug so believe what your body tell you.

Dave AKA David N. Hunt DDS.

This is kind of funny. Dentists sometimes say they are not real docs so, I'm a NARD driving a NARP.
gregrobbins
QUOTE (DNHunt @ Apr 1 2006, 08:10 AM)
Dave AKA David N. Hunt DDS.

This is kind of funny. Dentists sometimes say they are not real docs so, I'm a NARD driving a NARP.

Dave, let me get this right. If I had dentures, and I went to your office and parked next to your 914 we would have:

I would be NARP (teeth come out, so I am not a real patient) who drives NARP with NART problem to be checked out by a NARD who drives NARP also.

Well, at least we know Coke claims to be the Real Thing, whatever that is.

Too bad your not in AZ, you would be my Dentist. Anyone who can build a Type IV and make it run has gotta be top notch.
Flat VW
As long as Dave could promise no 're-work'.

Three engine builds is one thing, three root canals is another. unsure.gif

John w00t.gif wavey.gif

P.S. Shaggy is sleeping. (shush) rock_band.gif
shaggy
how is my temperature 97.2?
Flat VW
Too many popsicles.

Dad laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.