Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Garage find
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ClayPerrine
I drove my six to work yesterday. On the way home, I stopped for gas and a lady in her late 50s came up to me and asked about my car. She said that when her ex moved out he took the other Porsche and left one just like mine. After the experience we had on the way to Austin a few years ago I was really sceptical (the woman there thought her rusty MG was the same as a 914). She said that she wanted to get it out of her garage, because she wanted to park her Caddy SUV in that spot.

So I said that I would come look at it and tell her what it was worth. In her garage is a 914 with flares, absoultely filthy under a thick layer of dust. So I start looking closer. Nice. 15x7 fronts 15x8 rears with flat, dryrotted Dunlops on them. Yep, its a real six. Intact 914/6 heat exchangers. OEM 914/6 hotdog muffler. Tail shifter tranny. Interior is nice. Paint is a nice metallic blue.

I want to check on the flares to see if they are fiberglass. Nope, real steel flares. No noticable seams on the inside of the fenders. I check the engine compartment again. It has the 911 S oil console and oil cooler liines running to a front mounted cooler.

Its a 71 model. I'm starting to sweat, thinking.... this is an M-471 car. It has all the parts....

I ask her if it runs, and if it has clear title. She says that it has not run in years.

She comes back with an envelope with the title and all the paperwork on the car. A BIG envelope. Full documentation back to the order from the dealer in 71. Yep.. its all original and all factory.

I tell her that it looks like a nice car, but I am worried about how long it's been sitting.....

So I casually ask her how much she would wand for it.

No, I am NOT going to tell you how much.

I actually had the nerve to tell her that I might want it as a parts car, would $20.00 hold it until I ran to the ATM for the money?

She agreed, as she just wanted it gone.

SLITS
Here we go again....... rolleyes.gif
brant
Happy 4/1 to you....

(love all the stories thou)

brant
db9146
GOSH Clay!!!! What a find!!!! I can't believe it. I know you probably only gave her $500-800 for it but will you take $40,000 for it? Its all I can come up with on such short notice.

Please hold it for me.
jd74914
QUOTE (db9146 @ Apr 1 2006, 10:24 AM)
GOSH Clay!!!! What a find!!!! I can't believe it. I know you probably only gave her $500-800 for it but will you take $40,000 for it? Its all I can come up with on such short notice.

Please hold it for me.

The cashiers check will come from some assiciated I have in Nigeria, and will be made out in the amount of $60,000. Would you please cash it, take your money out and resend me another check with the extra money back.
SLITS
Comon Clay....post the pictures ya took

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

I didn't mean he didn't find one... wink.gif ....It just sounded like another one of those "garage finds" that never get uncovered because they're so buried in trash and the ol' lady never gets around to cleaning a path to get the car out.

Tejans never lie and aren't full of shit ya know!
riverman
Post this again on April 2nd and I might believe you.
Allan
I found a pair of Jimmy Hoffa's socks stuffed into my wifes exhaust pipe.
Joe Bob
Texans and bad 4/1 jokes......

Anyways....if it IS true, gud on ya.

Sell it to me..... cool_shades.gif
KaptKaos
Sweet!

I'll buy it off of you, now that I have all that paper from the lottery!!
gregrobbins
Check out my recent Garage Find, but I won't tell you where.
bernbomb914
SHAME ON YOU taking advantage of some little old lady.I thought you were going to tell what it was worth not what you could afford.

Bernie
Bleyseng
yesterday a guy stopped me and asking if I would be interested in his dead's sons car which looked kinda like mine. I drove over there and looked at the car.

Here is a pic

What do you think its worth??
BigDBass
So far I have fallen for every April Fool's joke.
Andyrew
so far,

I havent laughed yet..
Flat VW
QUOTE (gregrobbins @ Apr 1 2006, 08:58 AM)
Check out my recent Garage Find, but I won't tell you where.

Sharp photo Greg,

John
Mr.C
Oh yeah! I found an original 6 sitting on the side of the road kinda hidden in Oxnard last month in really bad shape. I'm not telling either!
If it's still there at next months meeting I'll take pictures. bootyshake.gif
Brian Mifsud
Here's my garage find.. the box with "Dole Bananas" on it has 914 parts inside!!!

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

user posted image
So.Cal.914
You had me hooked like a damm fish. You told it so well.

That sucks...... I was so sucked in, I was feeling sick. icon8.gif
And an M-471 nice touch, most would have gone right to the 916.
I will be ready for you Guys next year. ph34r.gif
Joe Ricard
916 Cool, pray.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.