Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ot/npc, car related, happy saturday
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rhodyguy
out to get the paper and this pos is partially on my property. i live in an area that is rural in setting, surrounded by developement. dirt bag scum think that it's GREAT to avoid dump/disposal fees by just throwing shit where ever, when ever they please.
Cap'n Krusty
I dunno about your state, but in CA it's pretty easy to find the owner, or the PO that failed to report the sale, and hit them with legal action. Capp the cops. The Cap'n
rhodyguy
i call the non-emergency # for the sheriffs dept. explain the situation. then i get the first question. "is the car on your property?". i tell the operator yes, now being honest is a mistake. "since it's not on the county right of way it's your respnosibility sir". "so i'm responsibile for the tow fees?". "that's correct sir". "well it may be paritally on county right of way. what is county property from the center line of our street?" "i can't tell you that sir. you should call a towing company". i know this will turn into a bullshit hassle and cost me the better part of $100. it's full of crap. a washing machine, tires, all kinds of stuff.

k
Allan
So drag it out onto county property.
rhodyguy
so... i call my super neighbor and he comes over with his 4x4 and a long piece of chain. not my problem any more!!! did i call the sheffif again you might ask, to inform them of the potential traffic danger? i already did that. they got their good citizen effort for the day, so now it's THEIR problem. i don't give a damn, as long as it's off my property. it will sit here until they call the towing co.

k
Brian_Boss
The same thing happened to me except the car looked like it was worth more than the cost of the tow (barely) and the tow company just hauled it off and presumable impounded it and recovered the cost from the owner.
rhodyguy
no plates, vin tag under the windshield, or in the engine compartment. i'm sure there's a number somewhere but i'm not going to waste my time digging thru or looking high and low for it. the matter is officially out of my hands. i'm expecting a knock at the door within an hour. i'm sure the sherrif will want to know if "i have any knowedge about the car?". "yes deputy!! it's in my street and it poses a traffic hazard!!".

k
Mueller
That makes me steaming mad as well..near my house there is a back street that people feel free to throw out their crap(I'd like to catch them and "give" the stuff back right thru thier front windows of thier house)......someplaces now have installed cameras and find and charge the people with illegal dumping..not only do they get a fine, but they have to pay for all the legal fees and cost associated with tracking them down.
TINCAN914
Wll done!!! Try to be honest, and you get stuck with some assholes crap..
Smaller scale, but our old house was on a major steet and some jack ass pulls up in front of my house. Open his door and drops a big hefty black bag with trash, closes the door and drives off. I go jump in my car, tross the bag in back, track him down the street. Pull him over and hand him the bag. Hey you dropped this.. Acting as though it was valuable, I then get in the car and drive off.. Should have seen the look on his face.. Classic..
boxstr
Kevin Sorry I missed your driveway. I wanted to get it next to the blackberry car.
CCLINSCRAPTOW
Aaron Cox
kevin, my bad! my new daily driver arrived and i forgot to tell you rolleyes.gif
rhodyguy
the dumpers do this in the middle of the night. a mattress was dumped partially in the street in front of my other neighbor's house this week too. i hate people in general. they're pigs. when we first moved in, someone dumped a dead calf in the ditch across from my house during high summer. sunny and HOT!!! i called the county works dept. got the run around, "call animal control sir". "ah, it's dead". "not our problem". i said "ok. i"ll wait till it starts to rot in a week and then call the health dept. it will be a joy to deal with when it's a bloated and putrid". 3 pickups, a dumptruck, and 7 county employees were here the same day, at the same time, to deal with it.

k
Bleyseng
Ha, what a mess!

Kevin, we get so much crap dumped on the street below us cuz its tree lined, dark and remote for being in the middle of the city. Every dirtbag person moving out seems to know about this street to dump stuff on so now the city finally sends a truck by everyother day to remove the sofa's, bed, trash etc before the homeless folk living in the trees use for their tent cities.

Way to go to tow it out in the middle of the street!!! thats what I would have done. Did you also hear gun shots?? or seem what looks like a bomb? that works too....

gets every cop in the area to come....fast.

av-943.gif
bd1308
QUOTE (Bleyseng @ Apr 1 2006, 11:42 AM)
Ha, what a mess!

Kevin, we get so much crap dumped on the street below us cuz its tree lined, dark and remote for being in the middle of the city. Every dirtbag person moving out seems to know about this street to dump stuff on so now the city finally sends a truck by everyother day to remove the sofa's, bed, trash etc before the homeless folk living in the trees use for their tent cities.

Way to go to tow it out in the middle of the street!!! thats what I would have done. Did you also hear gun shots?? or seem what looks like a bomb? that works too....

gets every cop in the area to come....fast.

av-943.gif

yep. I can vouch for that.

a few buddies and I in the theatre program at my high school (tech staff of play) were responsible for many things, one being taking care of this huge fogger machine, which uses hot water + dry ice to make smoke...

we took the extra left over stuff and put them into 20 oz bottles and blew them up....

then we took a 2L bottle, and put a bunch of dry ice in it, and dug a hole in the ground and quickly packed it in and ran....

BLAM! real loud....

police came shortly after.

b
fiid
4/1? Good story though.
rhodyguy
nope, real story and pictures. i just got home and the tow truck was loading it up. ding dong. "good morning mam. do you know anything about the car infront of your house?". "what car? i haven't been outside yet today.". cool_shades.gif

k
URY914
Keep it and sell it at Barrett-Jackson, should bring about $20K. wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.