Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 433
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
J P Stein
have entered the Parade the Parade AX. shocked[1].gif
Are you one?
Porsche Rescue
Yep, and the modified class appears to be a pretty select group; 33 men, 10 women. There is no doubt where I will finish in class. The betting action will be whether I can beat any of the women!
rhodyguy
there won't be any shortage of course workers. long day. i'll pass on this one.

k
J P Stein
Actually, the drivers don't work....yes you read it right.
We do need volunteers.....you get lunch & a free T.....IIRC....for 4 hours on the line. You gots sumthin' better to do? biggrin.gif
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (J P Stein @ Apr 1 2006, 04:31 PM)
We do need volunteers.....you get lunch & a free T.....IIRC....for 4 hours on the line.

interesting...

At Hershey, not only was there no free lunch (and no free T) for volunteers, they were expected to pay $50 for the privilege of working the event.
J P Stein
QUOTE (ArtechnikA @ Apr 1 2006, 12:55 PM)

At Hershey, not only was there no free lunch (and no free T) for volunteers, they were expected to pay $50 for the privilege of working the event.

Which is proly why some workers had to do double or triple shifts to keep the AX going......what fun for them (he said dryly).
Britain Smith
I am one of them drivers. I actually need to change my class to reflect the car I will be driving.

-Britain
rhodyguy
what are they going to do? run 8 cars at a time on the course? 1min per run, run time alone, is around 7 1/2 hours. wacko.gif

k
ArtechnikA
it's not a 1-day event ...
J P Stein

Of the 433 signed up, prolly 400 or so will show.
2 days, 2 sessions per day.
100 car run groups, eh. Figure 3 a minute....33 minutes per
the group X 3runs = 99 minutes or 1.6 hours or X 4 = 132 minutes....2.2 hours.......Round it off to 2 hours or 3 hours.....for problems. Agricultural racing will be the biggest problem. We've got room to stage 100, so it *seems* doable. We've got the track for 9 hours...maybe 10 each day............it's a plan biggrin.gif

1:20 course (approx).

At the SCCA nats, they ran a car every 18 sec, I'm told. We ain't that good.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.